Blurry Vision on-and-off, Terrified, Please Help.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

Since Wednesday morning, when I was awake laste into the night, I've been having patches of blurry vision. Well, I suppose it's sort of a bit... of ghosting, too? It's hard to describe. At first I just thought I was tired so went to bed. When I woke up in the morning it persisted for about ten minutes. I washed my face and all hoping it'd help. In the following 5 days it's been happening about two-three times a day. Apart from Friday and Saturday, where it barely happened and I felt quite good like I'd sorted the problem and rested my eyes enough.

It mostly happens just after I've woken up or at night. 

It's now sunday and It has happened twice today. However, I've now developed a feeling that everything seems a bit hard to put into focus. The trouble is that I am still able to do my college work and household tasks easily and when i don't think about it i have no problems. I am terrified that either 

a) My vision is suddenly becoming slowly more blurry or 

b) I am so paranoid I think that this is the case. 

I have anxiety disorder. I am a hypochondriac. So that doesn't help.

However, my vision has always been poor. I am blind in my left eye and only have 6/60 vision in my right. I was born that way, with septo-optic dysplasia. I was told the condition was not degenerative and only two/three months ago had an eye test at hospital that checked behind my eyes and everything was fine. But that was months ago, I suppose.

I do use the computer A LOT. Everyday, I'd say, for work or for contacting friends. I have glasses with anti-glare lenses that i've started using to try and help. 

I know that if it goes on a week I'm going to see my GP but my question is, should I be worried about losing what little sight i've got? My life is based around my sight virtually. I'm a writer, and I enjoy gaming and contacting people online. I am terrified of basically my life being taken away. Even this i am writing right now I would struggle to do. 

Can wearing anti-glare glasses for the first tmie regularly make your vision a bit weird when you take them off?

I'm so scared. Am i going blind? Please help. 

Thank you.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,i think you might have dry eye,specifically ask them to check for mgd. I get filmy vision almost daily from it,took 3 optometrist trips to get it diagnosed even though its a very common caus of blurry vision. Remember ask for a check for mgd,and no,i dont think you are going blind,very stressful i know,hugs!
    • Posted

Thank you so much ; n ; /Hugs!

My eyes are very dry! Something I get a sharp pain but I didn't get that all week until today after I read about it being a symptom so I'm... unsure of that. I do however use Optrex sometimes to try and add moisture.

What's mgd, may I ask?

• Posted

Your upper and lower lids are lined with little glands that produce the oil layer of your tears. There are 3 layers,mucus,water and oil. Sometimes these glands start to produce not enough,or a poor quality of oil etc. You can google it,just put mgd eye. Xx
    • Posted

Thank you.

Today there's been no blurryness! Yey! But there is a small dull pain forming in the last hour. 

• Posted

Only had one period of double vision in the last 2 days that went away pretty instantly. I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.