blurry vision on ranitidine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I first was prescribed Omeprozol when the doctors thought I had acid reflux after about two weeks of taking it I stoped because I read the horrible side effects. The doctor then put me on ranitidine 150mg twice a day. After a month on this I developed blurry vision. I finally had a scope done which said I had no heart burn and stomach was completely normal. I have been off of it for just over two weeks and my vision is still not back to normal. The doctor has sent me twice to the eye doctor and had a ct scan and both have come back clear, all my blood tests are normal. Does anyone know when my vision will go back to normal? Has anyone had this problem?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi jenny i have had a scope which showed inflammation 

have been on nexium for about 3 months now 

all i can see is that i have suffered every side effect from these.

i have stopped taking them ,i believe they do more harm than good .

i am going to try cure my issue naturally .

• Posted

Hi, an off chance? Coincidence but I get ocular migraines, no head aches, just vision goes left side. I was given PPI's, got off them Asap.

• Posted

That’s what the optiatian said it was but I never had them before taking this medication. It’s comes and goes but majority of the time it’s blurry in one area and can’t focus. 
    • Posted

Hi, maybe the meds triggered it? But it is exactly the same for me, all of a sudden I notice left eye peripheral vision goes, lights, stars, lasts about 15,or30mins? Don't panic or read anything into this!!! But I developed CANCER of the eyelid, since removal not had it since!don't worry it was skin cancer, I'm a flower power child, more sun the better. 

• Posted

Hi Jenny

I’ve been on them myself, had a couple yesterday, don’t like to take them too regular, but I felt as if if I was going to take a chest infection on them, they gave me a sore throat, cough and I didn’t feel like I was breathing too well on them, I’m well aware they can cause pneumonia

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.