BMI over 40 . I am classed as at risk .can inask if I can work from.home .

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a BMI of around 50 i.fall into the ar risk group. I am worried about going into work and falling I ll . I can work from home . can I be forced to come into work ?

what.do I tell my employers ?I work for the NHS and feel guilty about asking if I can work from.home .

pls advise .

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I WOULD think you would need to read the govt guidelines on the subject and also seek advice from your HR dept - you might get an assortment of answers on here but really nobody knows your personal circumstances better than you and as to where you fit into the criteria for being at risk - good luck and stay safe

• Posted

No one can be forced to go to work at the moment from what I have heard on tv, but you are not in the extremely vulnerable group. Is there someone at work you trust who you could speak to about your worries and find out information about working from home? I am assuming you are not on the front line if you can work from home, so I can't see how it would be a problem if it is possible to do so.

• Posted

Just be honest and tell your employers about your feelings they will understand and maybe work on a compromise.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.