BNI and post procedure issues

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone had associated problems post BNI with pressure sensation in the testicles and scrotum or could this be everything starting to settle down in the bladder, Urethra. I am now 5.5 weeks after the procedure.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Edited

What symptoms do you have?

• Posted

Hi Hamza

Generally burning sensation before,during and after passing water. I am now 6.5 weeks after the Procedure.

Urgency at time to time, and pain in the testicle although this could be as a result of a lower back pain.

Have you had a BNI procedure recently and are you suffering similar problems or have you gone through these problems in the past?

Thanks for replying, looking forward to hearing from you.

Den

• Posted

I have bladder neck obstruction. Where do you feel the burn? Near the tip of the penis/penis base/near bladder/prostrate?

• Posted

Do you have retro ejaculation?

• Posted

Hi Hamza

I had a BNI procedure 6 weeks ago and I am having burning sensation the length of the urethra just before,during, and after peeing.

I got retro ejaculation after I had laser treatment for an enlarged prostate nearly 1 year ago.

I had urine infection twice after the BNI procedure which also included bacteria, inflammation and blood, I am clear now.

I am drinking 2 ltrs of water per day to keep everything flushed.

Very good to share our experiences. Have you had the procedure yet?

Speak soon

• Posted

You are not supposed to have burn all over the length of the urethra. Something is wrong. Have you talked to your doctor about it?

How strong is your flow now?

I have not undergone BNI yet though my doctor told me it is better if I do it but there is no guarantee it will fix my problems. I am 26. Yet to get married and have kids. So, BNI is no where in my radar. My bladder is alright, albeit low capacity. Kidneys are fully fine. So, if things start going south, I will self cath instead.

• Edited

My symptoms are 4 ml/s average flow rate (minimum average is 10 ml/s), hesitancy, frequency, intermittency, nocturia. Ya, I know it is bad but I'm not willing to ruin my sex life and future by causing RE from BNI.

• Posted

Hi

It is difficult to be accurate with burning that radiates along with the fact that I am much older (73) and of course healing rate will not be as good at when I was in my 20,s and 30,s

Good luck in whatever decision you make

• Posted

Is your flow strong now? Do you get blood when it burns?

• Edited

Hi

The flow is strong and good, and no I do not get blood in my urine when it burns

• Posted

What you mean is you do not SEE blood. Blood may be microscopic. It can't hurt to go to the GP for a urine test (a simple MSU - midstream urine) should be informative for the presence of an infection. If there isn't one, then a CT of the region is needed,

• Posted

Hi Barney

Thanks once again I will let you know how the urine test goes, thanks for your thoughts I really appreciate it

Thanks

Den

• Posted

One more thing.

Often if the MSU is negative for infections, then invasive steps need to be taken.

I am now in such a situation.

Last week my urine MSU was negative for infection and I am NOT keen on invasive procedures.

So I asked my GP to run it again, in the hope that

a) The first test was wrong, that is or the second test contradicts the first, in which case one does not rush to invasive procedures or

b) if the second test yields the same result as the first, I then know it was not false.

• Posted

Hi Barney

Thanks as always for your thoughts it is good to talk to someone that is going through similar situations.

The urine test came back all clear for bacteria and blood, however it still shows inflammation in the cells.

I am now at 7 weeks since the procedure, and I am still getting burning/Stinging sensation most of the time. Did you get this sensation and how long for?

Take care

Dennis

• Posted

I can't recall if I mentioned it, but after radiation for PCa I had a lot of burning when peeing. It sounds like you have a similar issue.

I found GREAT relief in a drug sold in supermarkets in Australia, where I am, called URAL. It comes in a box of 20 sachets. You mix one sachet with water and drink it. It is an alakaliniser and reduces the acid (or at least the effect of acid) in urine. 10 mins after taking it I pee with NO burning at all.

Not sure where you live and if you're able to buy it, hopefully you can. I swore by it and traveled a couple of years ago with 2 boxes in my carry on.

• Posted

Hi Barney

Thanks for the mail, I am unable to get URAL in UK.

As time goes by things will get better

• Posted

It's your lucky day.

I just had a thought.

Go to any chemist in the UK and ask for powder or granules for

cystitis relief. This condition has a lot in common with your symptoms.

A quick look at the only UK chemist I know, Boots, shows they sell

products to relieve pain (including burning) from cystitis.

• Posted

Hi Barney

Thanks for that, what a good suggestion and one that i will follow up on

Cheers

Den

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.