Body aches and anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone experience aches and pains (intestinal, lower back, etc.) with their chronic anxiety?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I think it has been linked to it..muscle tightness when you are anxious can caus tightness in the back,upset stomach..very much linked with anxiety
  • Posted

Yes, I hurt all over, all the time.Mainly my neck, shoulders and upper back. Radiating pain into arms and legs. Pain completely around my ribcage. The odd thing is that it is still around eve. Though my anxiety is under control.
  • Posted

Hi I suffer from heart pains and tingling feeling down left side, which is so scary I'm convinced something is wrong with my heart but doctors say it anxiety. I'm living in constant fear of having a heart attack or stroke, also get left breast aches and odd aches on my left side. What sort of aches are you experiencing?

• Posted

I get pains in the neck, left arm and shoulders from tension. I have ascribed  this to a stroke I had several years ago. Because of stress I'm under I'm afraid I may be having another one. 

Because you're so stressed you can't relax and this is what causes the aches and pains. I am having counselling following a bereavement, it's early days  yet, but I am hopeful it will help.

• Posted

Right abdominal quadrant pain for years-on and off, lower back pain, headaches...... Tests don't show anything.......It is so frustrating.
    • Posted

I've only just started having anxiety attacks for 4 months now and its ruining my life its come on from a trauma i went through. Mine is more odd aches in left hand side and I'm under quite alot of stress with a 3 yr old and 10 old so not sure that helps with my anxiety.
    • Posted

Hi Pauline I'm under a lot of stress at the moment so can understand and you say you have some counselling to have which I hope helps you, I find it helpful to talk through things, I've been having counselling for 10 weeks now which has helped alot but still struggling its all new to me this anxiety, its not for everyone but give it a go.
  • Posted

Hello Diana, Yes sadly this is all a classic with Anxiety.!!I have reflexology whenever I can.I also try & have ME time which being a full time carer for my Husband is not easy. I also have relaxation CDs . Anxiety is a real beast at the best of times. Regards Amanda 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.