Body aches and joint pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the past month I have been going crazy with body aches, my knees hurt, joint pain. Just feel so chappy all the tine. Also fatigue.......all I want to do is sleep. I also suffer from health anxiety diagnosed years ago. Of course I worry that I have a deadly disease. Anybody else feel this way.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gale.  I suffer with health anxiety and also have joint pain and fatigue.  I am taking 10mg Citalopram and have recently been diagnosed with Vitamin D deficiency. I have now been prescribed vitamin d capsules.  When I researched symptoms of deficiency they were similar to our symptoms.  May be worth you checking with your GP about this.   Luv Lily x
    • Posted

Thanks Lily......will be seeing my Doc soon so I will mention that. So sick of feeling like this. Appreciate you responding.
  • Posted

Anxiety creates tension, tension creates aching body

It's quite common and has no relation to fatal diseases

Don't frighten yourself with unnecessary worries smile

• Posted

Will be helpful to know your age to do if your in your teens that's probably as usual if you're like me going into her late fifties it's one of those things and it can be diet it can be your vitamins it can be onset of early arthritis roll up things

• Posted

Have you had any blood work? I had the exact symptoms and swore I got lymes disease from a tick bite I had gotten a 2 months prior, all mine came back normal and got diagnosed with GAD and health anxiety 3 weeks later so I would maybe get bloods done and if all clear then maybe start or change some medicines, I'm just now starting to move into the positive side of things so it is possible and most likly is side effects of the anxiety keep your head up and take the proper steps and I'm sure you'll be ok

• Posted

Anyone else feel this way?

Well, about two thirds of the anxiety forum do, Gale.

They start with heart disease, work their way through brain tumours, move on to cancer and generally end up with strokes.

So the answer is..........yes.

• Posted

hello gale...many of us do in fact i've been dealing with these very symptoms for 8mos now.  i'm still doing it all on my own...haven't sought psych therapy or meds.  went in initially due to symptoms that came on...off balance feeling etc...feeling mentally drained due to work and stress.  turns out depression and gad are the reasons why.  so yes...low back pain is terrible...the joint pain and body aches are recent but i've been sleeping terribly for the past 5-6 mos so i'm not surprised.  initially it was an anxious feeling and feeling off balance although balance was fine.  likewise, thought i had cancer or serious neuro disorder.  i've made the effort and have improved quite a bit but definitely know where you're coming from.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.