Body Burning with anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone ever had the feeling your feet and hands with the rest of the body feel a burning sensation? My Anxiety has grown in taking over my body. I just started citalopram 10mg yesterday so crossing my fingers it helps soon.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

No burning sensation just tired and somewhat anxious. I am in 10 mg going on 4 weeks, started at 5 mg 8 weeks ago for 5 weeks, so the side effects are not as rough as the first few weeks when I started. Read some of the writings on this forum, I've learned a lot about this pill. Good luck and as they say, hang in there, it'll get better, maybe rough at times now but will level out.
    • Posted

I just want too get the first week under my belt. The extra lorazepan works if I truly need it.

I hope it kicks in the next week.

• Posted

I also started at 5 mg and at week 6.  Tons of side effect at the begining, now feels great.  No anxiety, panic for depression feeling any more.  I will stay 5 mg.  Many people increase their dose after the initial treatment. I never understand the reason to do so, if 5 mg works.  Everyone is different of cause, since my body tells me 5 mg is OK, I will stay that level unless my body conplaints.
    • Posted

Oops, sent that last message off as this one of yours came through. Yeah might as stay on 5 mg if that works for you, I hate medicine myself and I'd rather take less if I could, hope I won't have to go any higher than 10 mg
  • Posted

Yes, lasted for 6 weeks now.  Feels aweful at begining (first three weeks), tingling, or 1000 bugs crawling out of your skin.  Now feels great (week 6), a sense of warmth. 
    • Posted

So this citralopram is working now for you at 6 weeks? What dose are you taking? 10 mg now for me going into 4 th. week but 5 mg first 5 weeks, I have had like two good days and today a little more tried and anxious, so guess that's normal yet, right?
    • Posted

See my reply above.  Yes, my mood goes up and down at the begining.  But now much smooth.  So I will stay 5 mg, since it serves the purpose.  Of cause, everyone is different.  If you Doc say to increase, then you should follow.
    • Posted

Do you take it at bedtime or morning? I'm trying to figure out which time is best to take it
    • Posted

At beginning, I either felt tired or high. Even without sleep due to insomnia, I felt energetic. Someday, I felt very tired, yawning all the time. I experienced many side effects you can imaging. Now majority of them are gone. Still a bit headache, sleeping is not great, but no longer tired. I take it in the morning.
    • Posted

Thank you Joe, guess there's still hope for me, just have to stick with it!
  • Posted

Hi Mjbbro538,

Anxiety is very evil ! The fact you have started on Citalopram is very very positive its a great medication however dont expect the  drug to fix you over night I'm sure you're doc would have told you there are side effects also, however the effects of reduced anxiety far out weigh the side effects I bearly noticed the side effects, I havent had any anxiety since taking citalopram other than intially (probably warming up to the drug) I'm sure once you find the right dosage you will be on your way to good health. I did read somewhere that a side effect can make skin,body feel hot so thats normal if you feel really worried about it talk to the doc smile take care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.