Body changing/Perimenopause/ feeling very sad

Posted , 12 users are following.

I am a 49 year old mom with two children...I have written on this forum before and have always being comforted by the wonderful advice.  My Gyno told me I am in Peri, my body is changing rapidly.  I have things happening that I have never had happen before.  My nail beds feel thin and I cannot get a manicure because the scraping on top gives me pain.  I have to pee more than usual, especially at night.  I feel pressure in my lower abdomen when I am ovulating in the middle of my cycle.  But, I think the worst really is the saddness and down feeling I feel from out of no where.  I actually go from being happy and content to feeling angry, anxiety, frustrated and just plain weepy.  I feel like hopeless and very emotional.  Then it does pass eventually.  I take Xanax for the anxiety and it make me tired feeling.  I feel so alone sometimes even though I have have two great kids and a great husband.  Help I feel terrible right now.

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry to hear you're feeling so low. When I was feeling low I would go for my multivitamin and vitamin d3 to help lift my mood which worked most of the time. Do you take anything other than Xanax for anxiety? Sometimes just going out to do things, like shopping, mail etc, or whatever it takes you get out of the slump helps.

• Posted

oops, revised: like shopping, mail etc, or whatever it takes *to* you get out of the slump helps.
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer I know exactly how you feel! I have been struggling with all of the emotions part of this too! You are definitely in the right place to find some relief. The ladies on here are amazing......just keep posting and reading. It will help. I will be praying for you and I look forward to talking to you again. Take care
  • Posted

Hiya Jennifer

So sad to hear your feeling so low x

Just to let you know you are definitely not alone , I was like that a few week's ago so down crying for no reason didn't want to go out the door x

I started taking a multivitamin with iron and also vit b3 it has really made me feel better after a week the iron gives gave me more energy and the b3 helps mood

Try them

Thinking of you hopping you'll feel better soon don't let the peri take over your life x

• Posted

Hi Jennifer. I'm 46. Mom of 16 yr old son. Lots of changes in recent yrs- similar to yours. I started taking Passionflower a few yrs ago and recently added another herbal rec. really helpful stuff

- Jules

• Posted

It's a terrible feeling, being so low and not knowing why. I found it best to let it out and have a good cry but let your family know that it's a chemical inbalance and not their fault. Sounds like you have an understanding family.

After a good cry, go out for a walk and get some fresh air.

That's the short term thing you can do.

In the long term, go to your doctor and let them know how low you are feeling and that you know it's illogical and caused by peri. The doctor can help you.

• Posted

Hi Fiona, I have general anxiety disorder and I failed to mention that I see a Psychiatrist. I take Paxil, and Nortriptyline for migraine prevention. However, this Peri is challenging. What bothers me also, is that I feel angry, bitter, frustrated and just plain p*ssed off. Is this part of Peri too?
  • Posted

Hi Jen, I'm in the same boat. Saddness, anxious, hopeless with no husband or children, and totally single. I cannot even consider dating right now because of the mental illness from peri. I cannot even fathom this feeling going on for years ahead...

• Posted

Collen it's as if I had written your response! Totally single and would like a partner but just the thought of dating in the physical/mental state I'm in sends me running for the doors - or more likely anyone who might be fool enough to be interested lol! Like you the thought of more years of this is unfathomable and I've already been in it at least 7! Hang in there, hopefully your journey won't be for too much longer - I've been promised it's bliss the other side - fingers crossed! Hugs

• Posted

Hi Colleen, I'm so sorry for the way you feel and I understand. Being on your own can be hard. But, I do know this will not last forever. I had a good cry and yelling session last night, lol.. and feel a bit better. Do what you can that brings you joy and comfort. When you feel better you can open up to a relationship. But for now take care of you. sending hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.