body dismorphia

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies just wondered if any of you suffered from an obsession nearly abt ur looks and weight!! I hate even saying the word bit feel iv just turned into this vain obsessive mad woman!! I hate how I constantly worry how I look wen In the scheme of things in not ill or hv a disease that is incurable.. I'm turning 50 soon as well and am dreading it so unlike my 40s wen I just embraced it!! I was never like this age was just a number but my confidence over last few years has just went and I feel the person I used to be went with it!! I miss the old Mr! ! I hvnt had a period in 6mnths and previously sporadic before that over last four years. .. I see in this Web site ladies being obsessive about possible illness but I just obsess abt me!! I feel bad abt feeling this way but can't help it! 😒😒😒 I'd apreciate ur thoughts!!

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Oh yes forgot to add that I constantly loom In the mirror for new wrinkles to add to the already wrinkled face!! And just imagine how old and washed our I look!! I then try cos I really was always a positive person! ! Before peri hit me 😒😒to tell myself that it's not going to get better sp embrace how I am now but feel like crap😒😒😒😒😒
  • Posted

Tina,

You are not alone on this one. I obsessed when I was too thin last year and obsess how heavy I am now. Don't like the way my arms look like my shoulders shrunk, but my waist and but are humongous. I'm always down on myself but as you say 50 is tough to handle more than 40. Just too many of these bad peri. Issues to deal with.

• Posted

Thank u so much for taking the time to reply. . It's awful I just constantly need reassurance and my kids all laugh at me and joke about botox fillers etc. I feel as if people r looking at my wrinkles and thinking how aged and haggard i am wen theyr talking to me!! Isn't that mad .. Am like co standby talking and telling myself to get over it theyv more important things to be thinking abt but it's just getting worse! !😒😒😒😒 it makes me so dad that I'm so self obsessed wen sosny people are suffering
    • Posted

Suposed to say it's makes me soooo sad that I'm so self obsessed. 😒😒😒
  • Posted

Hi Tina, same problem here since peri has gotten so bad... I used to get a lot of exercise in and make an effort about eating well but then went thru a series of hard experiences over the last 3 years - bad car accident resulting in PTSD, sister's divorce from sociopath husband, my mom's total knee replacement surgery, starting peri and having ramped up anxiety and panic attacks, then my own surgery 2.5 weeks ago... food comforts me and I eat everything in sight, but I obsess constantly over how big I am now, especially belly and butt. Β So awful. Sugar addiction is the worst. Β I am going to get help and start working to get my good health back, a step at a time. Β You are not alone!Β 
    • Posted

P.S.  I forgot to mention my ongoing mind battle over whether or not I should start coloring my hair or just let it go gray.  I'm not sure that we're self-obsessed, I think our minds have been hijacked by middle age!  😳😳
    • Posted

Oh Elizabeth you have had a rough time! I really feel for you!!IπŸ’–πŸ’– t's just mad what we have to go thru! I totally get the sugar craving that had just started a few months ago with me I always loved sweets but this is ridiculous! ! Another thing to obsess over especially with all the talk that it's not fat but sugar is the killer!!! Anyhoo ur delemia on your hair. . I personally have always dyed my hair it's blonde however grey is also fashionable and there's no upkeep!! Why don't you try colouring it see how it looks and how you feel about it then make your decision! Ul always wonder if you don't try it me thinksπŸ‘πŸ‘ love dnd blessings πŸ’žπŸ’ž
    • Posted

Right... the sugar cravings are terrible. Β I like your suggestion about trying hair color. Β My sister is blonde and has dyed hers for years. Β I'm a brunette. Β You're right, I'll always wonder up I don't try! Β πŸ˜‰
  • Posted

Hey girl, join the hate getting older club!!!!My insecurity is out of control, There is not enough face cream or make up or fancy diet or clothes in this world to make me feel pretty some days, many days.The best thing love you for your heart, that is all that really matters anyway, all that God cares about.Amen, Love Stella42
    • Posted

Stella, thank you for your kind words... needed to be reminded about the heart and God's love... going thru rough times... thank you. Β πŸ’•
    • Posted

I hear you Stella! ! Thank you for your wisdom. .. when it comes down to it that's all that really matters.. i just need to remember it... Love and blessings.πŸ’• πŸ’•πŸ’• xxx
  • Posted

Hi ladies

I've just joined n read this thread.... This is sooo me. I'm 37 and had hystrectomy 2 1/2 yrs ago. I'm feelin relieved to find this site yet low . My body is changing soooo fast n I feel horrible can't even look in a mirror πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.