Body is/ feels like it is deteriorating in the last 7 years. Mid 20s now, overwhelmed.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everybody,

my story started 7 years ago after taking some medication and experiencing a what i would call for me traumatic event.

At the time my body felt like it was shutting down.

I just felt like something was wrong.

First my back hurted, that went away and my knees begin to trouble me.

Shortly after I developed stomach problems that lasted for some time.

During that time my libido changed and never fully recovered and i stopped experiencing morning erections until this day.

Than i got something that felt like tunnel vision and unclear sight, which stayed with me until now.

Since than I injured every big joint in my body quite severe, and developed some sort of chronic pain in those spots, through which i lost my earlier passions to play sports and be active outside.

I tried again to be active in a way but my body keeps getting injured, wont recover well and leaves me in a worse spot than before.

Been to a bigger rheumatic clinic in my home country that is sure that I am 100% fine.

Thyroid levels seem to be fine as well as cortisol and vitamin d which i cant supplement since it tires me and makes my muscles really weak.

In the past years i developed hemroids and struggle with incontinence that gets worse with time.

My mental health is in a pretty bad spot right now.

I wake up in the mornings feeling like i had drunk heavily the night before and was short on sleep even though i had a full nights sleep of 7-9 hours for the last 7 years. I just dont remember a day where i felt fine and energised.

I did try to intervene with good lifestyle habits but I have lost control and what I do doesnt help my symptoms.

My doctors that i visited "gave up" on me and cant find anything.

I spent a lot of money on therapies that did not really help me in the end.

I try to become a functioning member of society and build a future with my partner, but with things continuing to downspiral no matter what i do i seem to have lost my will to live life.

I am tired and dont have any help in sight.

I am seeing a psychotherapist that is feeling like my pain and problems could be rooted in mental problems.

I dont believe in it at all to be honest, and think that all that wishi washi stuff is pointless.

But I dont have any other person or idea that could help me.

It would be great if anyone has advice for me.

Thanks for taking your time if you read until here.

Best regards and hope you guys feel good.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear this and I can relate to some of it! maybe it's worth seeing a different doctor I've been struggling for a while and they gave up on me so I asked to see a different doctor and the balls rolling but it's such a long process but definitely worth getting on to them. hope you get some answers soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.