Body is not listening to me

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys really need help.

I have a problem with my body - its just not listening to me. Its always tense. But the most inportantly my legs are gone! I have a poor balance, simetimes walk like im drunk. Legs are very heavy and tense every time I walk or stand. In fact I cant walk much or stand. On couple of occasions my friends had to carry me because my legs were gonna. I can deal with the body tension, BUT I CANT DEAL WITH MY LEGS BEING GONE!!

Im going to the gym three times a week and do cardio exercises like claiming the steps, walking, YES WALKING not RUNNING because I cant run. Walking with both of my hands on the machine. Even after just walking for 10 minutes, my legs are num, I dont feel them for a while.

Anyway, things are really messed up, been to the doctors and no one can give me answers.  SOS

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Are you having mental health trouble? I was wondering why you posted this in the mirtazipine forum...

Are you doing squats at the gym? I know when I do heavy squats my legs can be jelly like for a few days.

• Posted

No its nothing to do with squats. They feel jelly event after just walking. Possibly its mental i dont know.
  • Posted

Have you considered it could be chronic fatigue syndrome (ME) or something similar? It does sound like you need to go back to your doctor because whatever it is, mental or physical, it's obviously affecting your life.
    • Posted

Ur rite , i do need to come to a doctor. But what will i tell them ? I already visited a doctor about 7 times gerarding same matteR - no changes what so ever. So i kinda lost faith in doctors and thats why im here trying to get help.
    • Posted

Not sure what to suggest. Could you write it down like you have here and give it to the doctor? It might be easier to explain it that way? And perhaps be patient with the doctor while he tries to pinpoint what's going on? Doctors can only diagnose based on the symptoms you describe, and test results, so it can take time and persistence. In the meantime, could you relax your body with a warm bath, and slow breathing? That can help in the short term, I find. Hope that helps.
    • Posted

Last time a doctor said that judging by what i tell them i have an anxiety disorder. Its hard to believe that something could lead u to a wheelchair is caused by anxiety. Maybe its a curse or something.. I have not found a person yet who has similar symptoms to mine. i started to do meditation hopefully that will help.
  • Posted

Hi

have you been taking statins for any length of time because they can cause muscle weakness.  You could also be in the very early stages of,Parkinson's - that's me as I had trouble walking in the summer and. dat Scan showed it up and ai'm now getting medication for it.  I was monitored by a Motion climic over a 6'monthmperiod,and also went to a physio at,a,private,hospital,who,gave me special exercises for legs and back which have helped a,lot.

• Posted

Hi. No I haven’t been taking statins. I dunno if I should talk to my doctors about Parkinson’s according to some research that I’ve done the average age for Parkinson disease is 62. I’m only 25. how old were you when u were diagnosed with Parkinson’s ?
  • Posted

Hi

Parkinson's affects your muscles.  In my case, my legs.  I'm now in my 40's but the doctors reckon it's developed in the past 15 years.  It can develop very slowly.  You could ask your doctor to refer you doctor for a Dat Scan which might pick it up in the early stages.  Some antidepressants can also cause muscle weakenes.

• Posted

Thanks for your advice, I will check it out smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.