Body symptoms.. headaches.. anxiety?!? HELP

Posted , 4 users are following.

About a month ago after I got a ear infection, I had become shakey and light headed. I went to the urgent care 3 times and they couldn’t tell me what was wrong and said I was fine... I became very depressed and lost interest in everything. I even quit my job because I was too shakey and panicky. I even went ER for the shaking and said I was fine.. I started to get sharp head pains and headaches. I went to my primary care two weeks ago and was officially diagnosed with severe anxiety and depression. this all happened in a month span.. I have tingly muscles, hands, arms, legs. I have a headache almost every day!! Always on the right side of my forehead.. I am so terrified I have a brain tumor sad and I have pain under my arm pit.. doctor said I’m fine but I also fear I have lymphoma! I just want my old life back... will this get better in time? Is this normal? sad please help..

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It will get better I have been dealing with anxiety for about 3 years now I have probably had every  symptom in the book  Have been to the Er more than 10 times with  Panic attacks in thinking something was seriously wrong with me but the worst you can do is Google your symptoms they are always going to say something bad if you’re going to google anything google anxiety symptoms and I’m sure it will all match up my doctor put me on lorazepam at first they put me right to sleep but they anxiety would be gone but  now I just get anxiety from time to time it never goes away really but I just started counseling 
    • Posted

I know! I just can’t stop myself from googling.. as soon as I feel a symptom I google it and I just feel worse about myself and am always in constant worry that I’ll die of a illness. ;( I wake up everyday and hope I’ll feel better but it’s still the same feeling.. how long did it take for you to see a change after starting meds? 
    • Posted

I felt like they worked right away but meds only cover up anxiety the best thing to do is get  counseling  Because I was at the point my anxiety was so bad I couldn’t leave the house without freaking out and having a panic attack which really got me down because I was never like that I was the funny and fun person to be around 
    • Posted

Because when I would be on meds I would feel normal and be like hell yeah anxiety is gone then when the meds wore down I it would be bad again best thing to do when your mind is racing is just get up walk around do something whatever you like to do no matter what time it is because I feel like my anxiety it worse at night time 
    • Posted

Since all of this happened, ive lost interest in every single thing i loved.. sad i was always on the go.. a workoholic and then one day just BAM.. hit me. I can't leave my house because I am afraid. I have no interest in trying to motivate myself. I just become worried and i feel like crap. one day i feel maybe 50% better than the next day is awful.

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I've been through something similar myself. Are you getting any treatment for the anxiety and depression? I take venlafaxine and mirtazapine, also haloperidol which stops the panic attacks.

• Posted

Yes I am, I’m on celexa 20 mg.. started on 10 but I feel better with 20mg... only improvement I’ve seen so far is actually getting up and moving more. I’m still afraid to go out in public. I keep hoping I wake up better but I guess these things take time.. 
  • Posted

Headache, depression is serious problem. Most of the people suffering from depression problem so i suggest you to find the health care treatment center and get permanent treatment. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.