Body tense

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

This sounds very strange. Does anyone find they are holding their breath? I think you shallow breath because of anxiety and it becomes a habit. When you do try to deep breath your body feels weird. Probably because it's been held tightly for so long.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michelle I am feeling that way right now. I only noticed it because it makes my stomach hurt. The changes that we deal with daily are such a struggle sad

• Posted

I noticed it a while ago. A lot of times during the day I stop and check my breathing. I notice my shoulders are up and I shallow breath. It's got in a habit I think. When I take a long breath it feels weird.

• Posted

Yes, I catch myself doing that, and I end up slightly breathless and almost hyperventilating. I also have a bad habit of tensing my muscles, especially in my face and shoulders. I've been doing it so long that I don't realize I'm doing it. Then, I notice what I'm doing and force myself to relax and take deep breaths. That's where my tmj, tension headaches, and neck pain are coming from I'm sure. I think I should practice deep breathing techniques (like the kind used in yoga) 

• Posted

That's exactly what I'm like. It affects your jaw and face a lot. Do you find your face and jaw has a buzzy feeling ?

• Posted

I know this sounds crazy but I have had an overall slight "buzzy" feeling all over my face and forehead. It's almost like a slight vibration. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've had so many flu like aches and pain in all of my bones, (from estrogen dips) that  I sort of think pain my facial bones may be causing some congestion and swelling in my sinus' which could contribute to the "buzzy" feeling. I've also experienced tinnititis-the maddening ringing in my ears.

• Posted

Wow you just describe how I'm feeling right now lord it's just ugly to feel this way

• Posted

I've got the buzzing feeling all over my body and a full feeling in my ears with ringing. I'm sure it's the anxiety doing it. It's not nice at all ??

• Posted

lol, I know, you just have no idea how weird your various body parts can feel till you eperience peri. I've done some research on the different things your body uses estrogen for and it's no wonder we go haywire we it starts to decrease. 

• Posted

Hi

Do you get a buzzy,electrical feeling all over your body with ringing ears?

• Posted

I know it's so annoying at times I could scream, and it's seemed so loud, I wondered if others sitting beside could hear it!  lol 

• Posted

Yes I get those feelings all the time and so scary! Then I start to focus on my breathing and it hurts !
    • Posted

Yes I'm concentrating on my breathing all the time too. I think it makes it worse to be honest. It sounds silly but I'm concentrating on my breathing all day. Hopefully it will all calm down. When I let my muscles go I have pain in my face and burning sensation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.