Body vibrates while sleeping

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone else has their body vibrate while they're sleeping? Not so much in deep sleep, but you can feel your whole body vibrating even when half awake dreaming? Very uncomfortable feeling. My doc says it's anxiety. Anyone else get it to go away? Does it go away on its own? Currently on lorazapam and citalopram, day 7 of 5 mg. Step it up to 10 tomorrow. Anybod

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Unless you had these symptoms before your meds they are definitely side effects of celexa..don't confuse your side effects with anxiety..

• Posted

Hi Nancy, 

I agree totally with Lois . I had that in the first couple of weeks on celexa at 10 mg then had to go to 5mg and the shaking subsided. It was freaking me out and I couldn’t sleep at all. Then I went back up to 10mg and I’m still at it 5 months later.

Will😎

• Posted

Agree with Lois. If you didn't have a symptom before the meds, then it's a side effect, and so don't necessarily rush into upping the dose.

Some GPs are woefully oblivious to the side effects of anti deps, and will rush you into upping the dose, telling you it's a worsening of your original condition. This is not so.

• Posted

I already had vibrations before starting celexa, that's why the doc said it was my nervous system, the anxiety. Upping meds today from 5 to 10 mg. Going to tell doc I want to stabilize on 10 first real good before going any higher. Vibrations seem to be getting a little better. Hard to say though, even on lorazapam, still not sleeping well. Seeing doc today. Thanks for input.

• Posted

Remember the celexa magnifies any current or pass anxiety symptoms you may be having..
    • Posted

Oh I see. Hopefully then, 10mg will help you out with this...

Best wishes.

• Posted

I had it before Celexa and I still have it. It's been 3 months. My doc said it was a side effect too from the celexa, but I saw where I wrote in my journal I had it before I started the celexa. It started when I came off cymbalta. I hate the feeling too. It's been months and still have it. I was hoping it would stop but I don't know if it will sad

• Posted

I also took cymbalta and was left with horrible brain zaps and internal shakes..and although it took about a year and a half for those symptoms of cymbalta to go I also experience magnification of those side effects from the celexa but they did go away ..iam so recovered with the help of celexa..
    • Posted

Good to know it went away. Too bad it took so long. I'm feeling much better besides the internal shaking when I wake up. I hope it goes away soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.