Boils

Posted , 2 users are following.

i dont have anything wrong with me but i wanted to know does boils do the same exact thing that herpes do ? but rxcept puss out white things ? and most importenr do boils scab cuz i heard they do jst want to make sure

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

From what i have read boils can scab over if they have popped or drained .

• Posted

thank you for your help. thats what i thought .. people think jst cuz somethin scab on their genitals they think its herpes but sometime it can be other things as well. i had this boil or abscess my pubic area a couple months ago and i knew it wasnt herpes bc it tested negative for both. it was huge under the skin was a big bump who grew and it hurt but i let it kept bothering it and i squeeze it jst a little bit and it popped out white pus and it drained and became open and it started healing grew a little scab but it was still bump under neath the skin which they say that usally happens when the puss isnt complety out but yeah it scared it but yeah i just wanted to be sure bc i know it wasnt herpes bc 1 got tested negative for both till this day of herpes 1/2 and just underneath the skin was so big and puss came out

• Posted

No prob and so happy your swab came back negative . From what I read many things can be mistaken for herpes . Theres a huge list with many simularities and also special cases depending on the person . I know more time then not things are herpes but not everytime . Interesting how hard it is to test and prevent certain things . Frustrating really .

• Posted

not a swab but i do blood test every 3 months for herpes 1/2 n negative i knew it wasnt herpes due to the fact under neath the skin was so big that gaved it away that it was a boil and on too of that white pus cane out of it and herpes does not do that but those right there told me it wasnt herpes and plus my test and yes so many things can look like herpes but totally not be , everyone body different react to thigns differently so just because someone sore is herpes and another person get the same thing and not be herpes could be from other infections. but on line dont seem like it but theres sooo many other bacterial or infection that mimic herpes. best to jst get tested for a peace of mind

• Posted

Hi , where i am they dont do the blood tests and seem to be relying on visual then swab . I was irritated and had nothing to swab but am still worried about the exposure to a new person . I am still researching things for myself and a friend and hoping i dont have an outbreak . This has helped me see how easy we can get it and we can already have it dormant . I think youre going to be okay and its just a boil and your blood isnt showing antibodies so thats wonderful !! Boils and pimples are common in these areas also .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.