Boils on my scalp ,dandruff and hair loss

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I am a male 23 years old and for the past 2 years Ive had boils all over my scalp mostly on the top . They vary in size some are small and some are large, I have also lost hair on the top of my scalp.Thehairloss might be due to just going bald but im not sure why I still have the boils and they itch really bad.my scalp is also permanently red. I did a blood test and everything seemed to be fine

any help would be gratefull

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I have the same. You need to see a doctor. I was given some shampoo that has reduced the redness and itchyness already, I've been using it two weeks smile x
  • Posted

hey J2605 did the shampoo help with the hair loss does your hair still fall out ? i was given nizoraol
  • Posted

It seems to have slowed down a bit. I'm back at the docs tomorrow so will see if its improved. XX
  • Posted

ok hopefully you get some good news smile
  • Posted

This may not help but I suffered from scalp psoriasis from around age 10 and probably still do but a decade or so ago now I self cured it after all the pills and potions... I just shaved all my hair off.

Three weeks later it was all better, no sores, no flaky skin, nothing. So now, as long as I keep my head shaved I have no problems. If I allow it to grow for say 3 or 4 days, my scalp starts itching again.

I'm sure it seems a drastic action, though to me it made sense, anything other than my head itching all the time... and I'm still a handsome devil so the wife says cool

• Posted

Hmm might be ok on a bloke but don't think I could pull it off lol. X
  • Posted

J2605

LOL, no indeed. But maybe if you can manage a short haircut and try to get a 'cool' pillow and such things, avoid hats or anything which makes your scalp hot it may well help - to me it always seems that heat is the trigger

Good luck with it.

• Posted

Turns out i have scalp eczema! I've got a steroid liquid to use and it seems to be helping smile x
  • Posted

J2605

Good. Glad you have a diagnosis and are on the Betnovate scalp treatment - but what I said still counts, try and keep your head as cool as possible it will help greatly.

Also try to avoid hair conditioners and maybe use a clarifying shampoo or something like T Gel.

• Posted

hey at lest you now know what was wrong , hope you get well soon. did you go to the dermatologist or was it your gp that diagnosed you ?
  • Posted

I went to my gp. Im using Vosene medicated shampoo aswell, no conditioner. XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.