Bone Broth Question

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I have read in a few places Bone broth is great for recovery particularly when on liquid or low residue diet. Isn't this very oily and doesn't the high fat makes things worse? My wife just made some simply with bone cut into pieces and apple cider vinegar and salt.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Bone broth is seriously good for you. There are so many vitamins and nutrients in it. This disease literally sucks all your vitamins and nutrients out of your body and bone marrow broth replaces it. I usually let it cool in the refrigerator overnight and scoop out the fat. Leave a little because your body needs it. It sounds weird but actually works....I would freeze it in large cube ice trays and store the cubes in a freezer bag. That way I always had some on hand in case of an attack. I refuse to say flare up, they are attacks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.