Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy

Posted , 5 users are following.

i had this procedure seven days ago.  Does anyone know if you get telephoned the results or whether they arrive in a letter?

many thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't know these days Suzy but years ago, the hospital rang to ask my husband to go in & see the Consultant.  You could try telephoning the Consultant's secretary.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi. When I had my bone marrow aspiration I was given the results at my next appointment with my oncologist/haematologist. Have you got a follow-up appointment? I am in the UK so it might be different if you're in another country.

• Posted

Hi joy - yes I am in the U.K.. my follow up appointment is on the 3/1/2017.

i was told the results would be 7-10 days (my biopsy/aspiration was done at a different hospital as the waiting time was shorter) so a few days to go yet before I pester the secretary! I wasn't sure what the protocol was.

thank you to you and Mrs mop for replying!

kind regards

Sue

• Posted

Hi Suzy, I had my biopsy done in Australia 20 years ago and luckily my doctor was on the ball. I had a phone call from him 2 days later. Within a week I was on chemo.

I'm sure that if your doctor gets a positive report he/she would have their staff contact you for urgent follow up.

Good luck and keep smiling .

• Posted

Hi Suzyq

Neither....my physician gave them to me in an office visit

kind regards

judith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.