Bone pain and Leukaemia ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I am 18 years old. I am a hypochondriac, but I am very worried this time. About a week ago I got a bunch of little stabs in my knee, I thought it was osterosarcoma, but the pains then moved across the whole femur. There are about 3 location where I feel the pain on and off, it is most probably IN the bone, and it also moved to the other leg. It also occurs in the kness. I am pretty sure it is leukaemia, as there is no other disease that can do this. I did not even find any information about anxiety causing the actual pain. This is my only symptom, I went to have a bloodwork today, and shoud receive the results tomorow. So, I just wonder, do you think it is Leukaemia ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

No. I think it's a symptom of your hypochondria. Take up a hobby and stop thinking about what might be wrong with you. Try volunteering for some charity work so your mind's on other people.

• Posted

Hi,

I don't see anything in your post to suggest you may have leukemia. I did some research, and will do a copy and paste, hopefully, this will help:

"Leukemia is cancer of blood-forming tissues, including bone marrow. Many types exist such as acute lymphoblastic leukemia, acute myeloid leukemia, and chronic lymphocytic leukemia.

Many patients with slow-growing types of leukemias don't have symptoms. Rapidly growing types of leukemia may cause symptoms that include fatigue, weight loss, frequent infections, and easy bleeding or bruising.

Treatment is highly variable. For slow-growing leukemias, treatment may include monitoring. For aggressive leukemias, treatment includes chemotherapy that's sometimes followed by radiation and stem-cell transplant."

You can ask for some tests be done for your knee to put your mind at rest, an x-ray, a cat scan, MRI, etc.

• Posted

Could just be deep muscle or tendon pain.. keep us updated on the blood results. Nothing wrong with having anxiety i to have major health anxiety
  • Posted

Jaroslav - you do not have leukemia or osteosarcoma. You probably do not have a disease of any kind, but just some small pains from banging your knee (even if you did not notice) or from using it a little hard in running or playing sports, if you do that. It is perfectly normal, especially in teenagers, to also have "growing pains" in the legs if you are still getting taller each year. The types of leukemia that occur in young adults are "acute" leukemias, not the slow-growing types, and they cause very extreme increase in white blood cell count. Osteosarcoma is very rare and certainly the small bumps and bangs of ordinary life cause most leg pain in teens.

Please try to stay calm and use your time and energy to do something which you enjoy and will reward you with an accomplishment. Hypochondria is also a disease, if it is so severe that it prevents you from enjoying and living your life. You could speak to your doctor about this - you do not need to suffer with it, and you are young with many opportunities!

• Posted

Excellent advice Anitalou, so easy for young people to panic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.