Bone spurs and frozen shoulder

Posted , 4 users are following.

i'm headed into surgery 9/13/19 for MUA and shaving off bone spurs. My right arm is affected and ive been frozen for 8 months now. i started with Pt for one month and then will return to PT 1-2 weeks following surgery.MY right arm is pretty comfortable after cortisone injection. BUT i dont have the ability to undo my bra, or properly handle my toileting hygiene. i can throw a ball under hand, but thats where it stops. HOPING mua will give me my life back. ANY insight out there?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Not sure what a MUA is for sure. If it the manipulation of the frozen shoulder I got much relief from that. I now have rotator cuff issues due to my arm was frozen for over a year and the rotator cuff has to start realizing it needs to work. This has been going on for a while now so I probably need to start looking into this.

• Posted

Had an MUA and bone spur removed in Jan. 2019 followed by cortisone injection 8 wks. later. I am still attending physio.

The blackout pain went after surgery but i am still having pain and discomfort.

I only started closing my bra from the back recently. It is a very slow process for me but we all differ.

It takes time to get over frozen shoulder.

Regards ,

Catriona

• Posted

Hi Lori - doctors wanted to do that to me, as well, but i held out. It took a little time but with the Hyperice Hypervolt Portable Massage Device i was able to break up that calcium and get 95% motion back. image

Good Luck!

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. You are fortunate that you were able to get 95 percent back with some help and no surgery. Im a knitter and the bone spurs and knitting action dont mix well. ive had pain before Fs and didnt know that i had the bone spurs. Life goes on!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.