Bone spurs in both shoulders

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've  sent in a few discussions earlier this year mainly dealing with a torn labrum/bone spur in my left shoulder. The doc advised against surgery then due to my age of 62, even though I am in good health. I went through PT which helped stiffness that had developed and he said to come back if the spur became a problem. 

Well it it has and is compounded by what I think is the same issue in the right. shoulder I can only sleep for about 4 hours as the pain becomes strong and I need to get up. Apparently this is common with these Spurs and with me having the same symptoms in the other shoulder I've made another appointment to consult with the doc.

He initially said if he did operate on the spur, he would repair the labrum too, so I could well find myself facing two recuperatios of similar types. Anyone else had this come up before?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I am sorry for the pain you are having. It was a year this past April that I had surgery for bone spurs and rotator cuff surgery. Was originally told it was my labrum, but apparently not an issue once the surgery started. It took virtually the whole year to recover. If you have the surgery and the labrum is repaired, be prepared for a very long recovery. It will be important to follow the doctors orders for physical therapy. Expect Lots of pain in the beginning and into therapy. I'm happy to say I feel recovered but don't have the strength I had. (That is my fault however). I still have occasional pain and probably always will but have all my range of motion back. That not being able to sleep at night was the worst!

• Posted

I just want to add that I wish you the best, whatever happens. Keep us posted. (I was a month shy of turning 58 at the time of my surgery)
  • Posted

I had a torn rotater cuff, a torn bicep and a bone spur. Surgery was 6 weeks ago. My doctor said if it was just the bone spur I only would have worn the sling two weeks. I am just this week starting to feel somewhatnormal, pt starts Friday.

Will you get pt with your surgery? I am not sure what the labrum involves.

Good luck with your choice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.