Bones.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anyone else have sore bones/muscles? My right shoulder/neck seems to flare up and then it moves down in my back and right hip and it makes me feel about 90 years old. Feels like all my body structures out of whack.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dianne, the neck problem is a common lymes issue.  I don't feel too bad in general but when the barometric pressure begins to drop I hit the couch with my heating pad (s).  A few weeks ago I got out of bed and was not able to put ANY weight on my one knee.  I had to hop around the house while using a walking stick that I used to use for hiking sad.  I had this happen one other time and praise God it only lasted for a few days.  I took 1 vicodin on the 3rd day and I was good to go.  Had it x rayed and  no signs of arthritis.  Have no idea what's going on in there.

Getting back to your neck, I have a really neat heating pad that drapes around the neck and shoulder area.  It really helps me.  It's made by Sunbeam.

• Posted

Yes I have that. The pain migrates from one spot to another around my body. It stays for 3-4 days in one place and causes severe pain in the muscles (feels like it's in the bones but I think it's just the muscles). Then it moves on to the next place. For example, my shoulder blade for a few days, then it works it's way down to my middle back, then on down to my lower back , then progressess to my hip. I can even tell when it's moved into my head and affects my brain.  It's really awful. Sorry you are having the same, but you are not alone. 
  • Posted

Yes!  I haven't been outside much for 9 months due to being on doxycycline which makes me light sensitive. I had a blood test to establish my vitamin D levels (which were extremely low). GP put me on a replacement course a week ago. He said my aches and pains could be partly due to defficiency. Still waiting to see effect. Perhaps this is something you could discuss with your doc?
  • Posted

Dianne, I forgot to ask you if you've had your b12 tested.  It can cause a lot of joint/muscle pain and  neuropathy pain also.  I'm doing the shots now, mine was pretty low.  Many lyme sufferers have trouble absorbing b12.  My vit d was actually below  level also.  Did the 50,000iu   2 month once a week mega dose and there was no improvment.  It was hard to believe and very disappointing.  Praying for some help by doing the b12.  My big issue is cognitive dysfunction from neurolymes.

• Posted

Dianne,

I have the same aches and pains. My Lyme caused severe inflammation throughout all my joints. Also, I wake up every few weeks with a brutally painful stiff neck and spasms down my back. It used to be much more frequent but I found a few remedies. I too recommend heat therapy. And just like Patricia like Sunbeams products. They make a great heating pad for the neck and back. Also, arnica heating oil is amazing. Arnica helps with both inflammation and muscle soreness. Turmeric is good for inflammation but takes about 3-4 weeks to show signs of progress. There is also a great product called "Joint Movement Glucosamine" by WELLESSE. I take it every day with "Move Free Joint Health" from Schiffman. It is made from type 2 collagen. I truly hope you find relief. God bless.

• Posted

Hi Dianne, I forgot to mention something, I use a topical cream for my joint pain.  I find it to be pretty amazing stuff for all sorts of pain.  It's very expensive (with no coverage but still worth it) and you need a script.  I'm afraid to put the name here.  The site deleted a few of my emails and I think it was from mentioning a name brand drug.  Well, it starts with a V and ends with an N.  I'll try in another email to post the name. Can that be???  The stuff works almost instantly and it has even helped my neuropathy.  However it DOES go through the liver so you would need to keep that in mind.  But for me, it's worth it's weight in gold.
  • Posted

I  make my own homemade tinctures if anyone is interested.  It's very easy.  I use a lot of the traditional chinese medicinal herbs.  They were getting pricey since you sometimes need several doses.  Store bought tinctures are crazy expensive.  The homemade ones are very potent.  I do turmeric also for the arthritis.

Another thing I do is to make water kefir.  No need to buy store bought probiotic when you are on any abx.  Once you acquire the "grains", it only takes a bit of sugar and it keeps going forever if brewed properly.  I have some grains to share too.  They keep multiplying if you keep them happy, not so much in the winter but they get more activated when the warm weather comes.  The kefir is fizzy and tastes like soda after you add some fresh fruit/dried fruit/ fruit juice. What ever floats your boat.  I always put some fresh ginger in mine.

• Posted

Hi Dianne,

On two seperate occasions upon arising, I put my one leg on the floor and was not able to put the least bit of weight on it.  I had to hop around and use a walking stick.  Both times it was better the next day and gone on the third day.  Yesterday morning I woke up with a pain going down my left butt cheek,  just like the  knee thing I did nothing to bring this on.  I went about my business and by mid afternoon,   I had to go on the couch w/the heating pad.  That didn't help one bit nor did the Voltaran Gel.   Early evening came and by that time, it was so painful I couldn't walk..    I eventually took a vicodin to knock me out.  Woke up this morning and the pain had totally disappeared.  I'm having more and more (migrating) pain whenever the barometric pressure drops.  Most of the time I can deal with it but the knee and butt pain totally put me out of commission.  Is this how fibromyalgia behaves?  I guess I'm getting worse.  Now even my neuropathy is getting worse at those times.  That hasn't been bothering me for the last 2 months since I started taking an amino acid and thiamin.  I have neurolymes.

On a happier note I was having really bad mental problems for months and months but began to give myself vit. b12 shots, (it was on the low side).  My brain is functioning much better now and the fatigue appears to have improved after only 5 or 6 daily injections.  But these sudden pains are very worrisome.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.