bonion op has it gone wrong please help what can be done or what can i do to help my self...

Posted , 7 users are following.

i am just over 8 weeks post op, would be very grateful for help as to how i should be at this stage,, 

my big toe does not touch the floor,, if i do anything my foot swells so big. but i try not to give in and keep going ,  it aches all the time as if i have run a marathon . now my ankle is swelling to and hurts..

i can not walk as i should hobbling still,  foot gets very red , i can not get shoe on still ,  i don't go out because so difficult,  now i am getting depressed , i ws happy all the time now cry,,  i should have gone back to work 2 weeks ago but could not stand for 8 hours ,  what can i do to help my self need to get back to work, as financially need to get back,, i exercise foot as much as i can .. thanking anyone for help ... regards 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am still icing every day at home.  I bought a massage ball from my physical therapist and I massage the whole bottom of my foot with it. It kinda looks like a dryer ball, but it's harder. (don't know if you have dryer balls there)  I guess we all just need to be patient, but that is not my virtue. :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.