Bood test- General, nurse mentioned antibodies?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I was at the doctor for tingling/pins and needles in my hands and feet. I feel it quite regularly. She referred me to the nurse in the surgery for a general blood test.

I asked the nurse for further detail about the blood test and she said it was a general one and that they would check antibodies etc.

I am quite worried about getting my results back now for what it could come back with.

Has anyone any advice?

Thank you!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry until you have something to worry about, straight blood tests just look for liver and kidney function and they will look for inflammation, possibly hemoglobin and vitaminD and a couple of other

• Posted

Hi, thank you, I just wondered. I tried to call my doctor's for the results and receptionist said she had to discuss the results with the nurse as she seen a few results were back. This worried me a little as it may be something to be concerned about? I need to phone back later today.

• Posted

No reception staff are not qualified to give you the results till a trained member of the practice has looked them over.

If theirs anything that needs repeating you will be told

Try not to worry like I said no news is good news.

What day did you have them done

• Posted

No reception staff are not qualified to give you the results till a trained member of the practice has looked them over.

If theirs anything that needs repeating you will be told

Try not to worry like I said no news is good news.

What day did you have them done

• Posted

Panic over, they called me back once they had checked them and I spoke to my doctor. My iron count is low. One other test is yet to come back and thats for any possible tissue disorders i may have but she said thats very unlikely.

• Posted

Brilliant, now you know all well you can have a great weekend, even when blood tests come back off kilter it's best to know so you can be treated for whatever is the problem is.

Mine are a bit squiffy at the moment but I just have to have the rechecked to see if they have improved.

Glad that the news is good

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.