book

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies, a few weeks ago someone recommended a good book to read for perimenopause. Can someone remind me what it was called please. thanks Elizabeth

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Not sure what was recommended, but I found one on Amazon, a pretty quick read and incredibly informative and at times sprinkled with much needed humour. I still refer back to this book from time to time. It was written by two women who compiled much needed info from other women and is very well put together.

You might want to look it over as well. It's called- A Strange Period.: Insights Into The Bizarre Experiences Of Perimenopausal Women by Sheryl Gurrentz and Cindy Singer. As I mentioned I found it on Amazon and have it on my Kindle for quick reference! Hope this helps!

Annie xx

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth was it the book on Suzanne Somers going thru perimenopause and she writes with her gynaecologist? It's called 'I'm too Young for this'.  xo
  • Posted

Was it Dr. John Lee's book "What your doctor may not tell  you about menopause"? Sommer's book is good, too.
  • Posted

thanks to everyone, at least I have a few ideas of where to start. I asked my doctor if perimenopause could be causing or contributing to my bouts of depression that seem to appear out of nowhere, one day I'm coping with life 'ok',  the next the world is ending for me but was told no, that only happens in menopause not perimenopause. am so confused. 
    • Posted

Xmas Greetings!  This perimenopause was all new to me.  It's like hush hush.  Nobody has ever explained it.   its only been about 7 months and I am starting to get depressed with it all.  I take B6 and B12 vitamins which are really good boost for symptoms.  There is a very long list on perimenopause.  With all the hormones fluctuating you can easily get depressed.  Check out the list on here or Google info.  😃😃😃
    • Posted

Hi again, perimenopause is the time when you have all these body symptoms. When the hormones are fluctuating up and down. When you have stopped bleeding for 12 consecutive months then you are into menopause and things start to get easier.  I think your doctor must hang out with mine.  Out to lunch a lot.  haha. 😃😃😃
    • Posted

Dear Elizabeth,

Please, please don't feel alone and your doctor must have trained with mine. Idiots honestly! Bouts of depression and extreme fatigue were the issues along with not having a period for a few months is what sent me to see him. Ugggh.........it was a year ago and I still remember how misguided that man was. It was doing my own research and finding new doctor that helped me out. And yes, bouts of depression are incredibly normal for some of us during this time when the hormones are bouncing around. There are many helpful women on here that help take the crazy out of this time! You'll find that what works for some doesn't work for you, it's somewhat trial and error, but believe me, even though right now I am swinging into another low patch, there is light at the end of the tunnel! 

Annie xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.