Booked in for Banding on mid July

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello all,

Well I finally worked up the courage to book on my banding. I am getting one large hemorrhoid banded and injected in July. I am scared but also hoping for the best. I have a few hemorrhoids but read it best to do one at a time.

I would love any after care tips :-)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had hemroidectomy 11 days ago things are going fairly well. My doctor told me that he wouldn't remove all of mine at once because it could cause anal stenosis. Is this what you read on why it's best 2 do one at a time? I couldn't wrap my head around like why would you possibly have me go through this again instead of just removing them all now... So curious as to the reasons you found why it's best to not do them all at once

• Posted

I am planning to schedule an oppointment with my Doc for Rubber Band ligation. How long it took for you to recover. Is it painfull recovery process? Please adviseĀ 
    • Posted

I've had a band ligation procedure a few times now and it is pretty uncomfortable all around. I would not say it is painful but I have a pretty high pain tolerance. The ligation itself is quick but uncomfortable. I felt on edge and pretty uncomfortable for the day. I needed pain meds about an hour after the procedure and to get to sleep that night. After the first time, I had some pain meds left over and so I took one right after the procedure so it could start kicking in instead of going to the pharmacy and having to wait for a prescription. If you don't have a higher dose of Tylenol from the doctor before your procedure, I'd suggest taking 2-3 Motrin when you go in to get it done. Sitz baths are helpful. Do not use suppositories after your procedure unless and until your dr says it's ok. I did that once and thought it might help and I wasn't healed and made it worse. The procedure definitely helped my internal ones but won't do anything for my external so I will be going for surgery soon. sad Best of luck to you!

• Posted

I had banding several years ago, I did find it pretty painful.  She did 3 bands. I'd just say take pain relief and rest after. A few days later the pain was better. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.