Booking a break 6 weeks post op

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Ladies, I've been reading your posts for a few weeks now. The advice and support you give others is amazing!

i am due surgery in 2 weeks for vaginal vault repair, rectocele repair and probably cystocele repair too (the consultant said my bladder had prolapsed too but it's not as severe as the other prolapses so they will wait and see how bad it is when I am under general).

i had a hysterectomy when I was 27 due to prolapse uterus and then 3 years later had another op for stress incontinence and prolapsed bladder. Have had no problems since, and I am now 45. I noticed the rectocele a couple of years ago but no major issues until April this year when I visited the GP.

My question is that my partner and I want to book a mini break in October, it will literally be 6 weeks post op. Only going for 2 days away but it will be a full-on break to Liverpool visiting the Cavern Club and watching bands all day. Will I just be too tired for this? I have joined a gym since finding out I need surgery, and do lots of exercise and have lost weight, so I feel fit and healthy.

But I don't want my partner to waste his money booking this trip if I am still tired all the time and need to rest? The other point to consider is if my op gets cancelled and rebooked a couple of weeks later I will only be 3-4 weeks post op, come the end of October.

i really want something to work towards and look forward to, but I just don't know.

any thoughts/advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 

Lorraine

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Don't think I would have been able to do that at 6 weeks and I got through it all without problems. You only have to have a simple urine infection after and it will put u right back. My advice is put it off a while to be sure to enjoy it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.