Borax

Posted , 12 users are following.

I would not use borax. It is for laundry. What are you trying to kill. It is not natural. This area is made to cleanse itself. Should wash rinse warm water. Sorry ladies I think your wrong on this one. God bless you

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

Sorry diana...need to disagree on the borax issue....I was suffering really bad until I started having baths with borax in the water and making a paste... my itchy a red raw bits have been great and if they do flare up I go back to the baths.
  • Posted

Diana

I'm with you on this one. I couldn't imagine.

• Posted

Hi Diana, 

It is absolutely your decision to not use borax, but I think further research should be done before you make such a decision. You are basing it on insufficient information. Do you know what borax is? It is a white mineral found in some salt deposits, it is natural. And yes, it can be used for laundry, it helps to eliminate the ammonia in cloth diapers, for example. But it is also anti-fungal. What do you use bi-carb for? Do you cook with it? Do you also use it in your laundry or in some cleaning products? I do for all of that. 

I encourage you to read my post "Experiment with Borax" where you will read many positive results being had with borax and LS. My LS has been in near constant remission since I started using borax about 2.5 years ago. Any time I have felt a twinge, I mix up some of my saturated borax solution and apply it a few times over a few days. Each time, it halts my LS. I, and many others, have also experience the release of some fusing. You will be surprised by how many LS sufferers who have found no success with over the counter medicines find relief in using borax. 

Like I said, do more research and after your research if you still feel the same, I genuinely wish you all the luck in the world with dealing with LS. It's a nasty disease.

• Posted

Hello 

I was diagnosed with LS yesterday through biopsy results.  I found you borax experiment before diagnosis and have already started using!   Hopin yo prevent progression. I have some fusing of the Labia minora, hoping to reverse this.  I am also waiting in my biopsey site to heal.  Feel like it is taking forever!   Thank you so much for posing about the borax!  

• Posted

Read the dozens and dozens of posts about borax. It is naturally occurring. My doctor even prescribed boric acid inserts for a yeast infection which quickly took it away. To each his own, as I said in previous posts we all have our method of healing.
  • Posted

It is your choice to use whatever.  Borax however is a natural mineral.  You will also find it in the healing baths of Hot Springs.  

If our bottoms were able to balance without any help, we would not have LS.  

Four years of borax and baking soda baths and rinses, plus strict diet have brought me back to a normal functioning partner. Perhaps something to think about.  

• Posted

Your absolutely right your choice. I find its great natural cleaning item. For the house not my personnel area . good luck guys. Still pray for a cure.
  • Posted

Dear Diana, and others:

when you get time to read extensively on this wonderful forum you will find that many of us have found the value in about Boron/Borax.  Boron is a natural trace mineral mined from the earth; borax is a trade name for the SAME boron mined from the earth. Our human bodies REQUIRE boron.  Here is some info on its use in human health from a website:      

Boron is an important trace mineral that has largely been ignored for health maintenance and freedom from disease. This is unfortunate, as it is extremely important and as a health supplement, can have profoundly beneficial effects.

Health Conditions Improved Naturally with Boron:

Arthritis

Osteoporosis

Aging

Menopausal Symptoms

Sex Hormones

Allergies

Parasites

Candida Albicans

Lupus Erythematosis

I [the website article writer] owe my own discovery of it to Dr. Rex E. Newman Phd for his valuable study of Boron extending over many years. He has written the book ‘Beating Arthritis & Beating osteoporosis’ (Printed by Ellesmere Press Ltd. The British School, Otley Street, Skipton, Yorkshire. UK.)

A Natural Remedy for Arthritis and Aging

While Boron is an effective treatment for 95% or more in the relief of arthritis (provided the joint has not completely deteriorated) its range of action extends beyond that. It works very well  in alleviating arthritis, partly due to its crucial role of calcium integration into the cartilage and bone. This is important for all of us as we age, even if we do not have arthritis. Aging is partly associated with weakening of the bones as they become increasingly porous - adequate Boron can prevent this aging effect.

Example: an elderly lady began to take Boron daily a few months before her operation for an artificial hip that had been scheduled before she started to take the Boron. The surgeon found that he could not use the usual saw for cutting the bone in the hip replacement surgery; the bone was just too hard, like that of a young person, so he had to use a stronger saw to do the job.

• Posted

Diana I felt like you to start with but read Alistar's experiment with borax and was swayed to try it. It really does help - somehow neutralises the visciousness of LS. I find it soothing and effective. It is a natural mineral and I have mentioned using it to my GP and she sees no reason to discontinue its use. That's good enough for me. Don't rule it out altogether. 

• Posted

Hi Diana,

Yes you should use your own discretion whether it be for LS or any other health issue. For the record borax has helped me more than any thing else I have tried, period! Borax is a natural occurring mineral and it is found in any good vitamin/mineral supplement, specially supplements for seniors. You will find it listed along with all the other trace minerals such as calcium, zinc, manganese, etc. Borax, also known as sodium borate, sodium tetraborate, or disodium tetraborate, is an important boron compound, a mineral, and a salt of boric acid. Commercially sold borax is partially dehydrated. I'd hate to think how much I would have suffered without my borax rinse. My borax rinse consists of a pinch of borax in an 8oz. spray bottle with 7 drops of lavender oil. I use my rinse at least once a day every day. I also do borax bath soaks from time to time during flare ups. I have never used clob. I have a less expensive steroid cream that I use once in a while called Triamcinolone. I use a moisturizer such as castor oil or coconut oil for dryness. I wish I could say I have found a cure but sadly I have not. What I have found is a great way to help sooth and control my symptoms. Best of luck and God bless!

• Posted

Hi Jen smile 

im new to this borax treatment and excited to use as alternate to steroids.

Ive been inquiring as to weather or not after applying the paste / liquid mix if we are supposed to rinse it off or leave it on all day? 

Thx 

• Posted

Hi Rose,

Borax is a wonderful find! Some people still resort to steroids and for them it may be the right choice. All of our bodies are different and we must do whatever works best for us. Personally I try and avoid steroids as much as possible. I like to use natural homeopathic methods as much as possible. I have never used borax as a paste. I only do a borax rinse or a bath soak. So the answer to your question, "Do you rinse it off" is definitely, NO!

The rinse I use is easy to make... I absolutely use what lots of us LS peeps call a saturated solution - Which means you add a nice pinch of borax to warm water in your spray bottle (some people prefer a peri bottle) either one will work. Shake it up, if it completely dissolves add another little pinch and shake it again. If you see a few granules sitting on the bottom no worries that just means you have successfully made a fully saturated solution. I always add 7 drops of lavender oil, it smells great and it is soothing but that is optional. I keep mine sitting on the edge of my tub for easy access and use it after I potty. Specially after a BM... and last thing at night before I go to bed. I also use my borax spray after I shower or get a bath.

During a bad flare up I do borax bath soaks...

Add 1/3 of a cup of borax to your bath water and soak for at least 15 minutes. I grab a good book and set my timer and just relax.

Another thing you can try - Make a saturated borax solution in a bath pan, find a nice comfortable place to lay down and relax and dip a nice soft white wash cloth in the pan and ring it out well, gently lay it on your problem areas for 10 to 20 minutes at a time. Warm water feels better to me but I suppose cool would work just as well which ever you prefer. I don't have fusing but several people on the forums who do say this has worked wonders for them. Avoid stress as much as possible, eat a good healthy diet, take a good vitamin/mineral supplement with extra Vitamin-D and COQ-10! Oh and find a good moisturizer! Best to you... I hope this helps!!! wink

• Posted

Thanks very much Jen 😊

i will definitely try the bath and cloth method. It’s just wonderful to hear your success without steroids, very encouraging.

i mixed up 6 teaspoons in a two cup bottle yesterday and one teaspoon in a spray bottle. I’ll keep it by the shower as you mentioned. Can I use a fan ect to dry it faster once application is done? 

Did you get a biopsy, it’s been over four weeks and my stitch is still there so I’m uncertain if the borax should contact it.

• Posted

Oh my goodness Rose...

I didn't know you had just had a biopsy done. Yikes I know that has gotta be extremely painful! No I haven't had a biopsy. I was diagnosed with LS about 4 years ago by my local health care physician when I went in for my pap smear. Then I had my primary care physician take a look, both agreed a biopsy was not necessary. My symptoms are classic LS. White patches and paper thin skin on the perineum area and very painful intercourse. Classic, ugh that sounds like an antique car! HA!!!

Yes use a fan or hair dryer on cool setting... Great idea! You have a stitch that's been there 4 weeks?!? Wow hopefully that will be removed soon. What are you applying to the stitch? 

• Posted

Ok will do 😉

Thyroid issues and then white patches labia minora area. At first tissue just looked pale , no itching. Biopsy had to be done to also rule out cancer wasn’t that painful but worth peace of mind. Gonna use estriol cream a little cause it’s the weakest form & not cancer related. Many cancer patients can use it after treatments. Was told estriol was wonderful to rejuvenate the labia area and also perineum I believe. It’s not the same as other estrogen forms. The stitch was supposed to dissolve in two weeks approximately but still hanging on lol. Haven’t put anything on it except keep area clean.

Hope it falls off soon though cause I’m hesitant to apply the borax there.

• Posted

Look up oatmeal sit bath. Soothing and natural. Rinse well warm water and olive oil.
    • Posted

Hi Jen ??

I had mixed up the solution other day and seems to have formed a rather large chunk at the bottom now.When I first mixed it up there were no chunks, does that mean I put too much borax in ?

Tried applying with QTip but it’s takes forever, I see why you use a spray or the cloth method you mentioned. Also it leaves a whitish film or residue on the skin , I take it that’s ok as well.

Decided to pull that darn stitch out myself last night I was afraid it would possibly become embedded permanently lol.

Found useing a blow dryer even on cool setting was excessively drying so went with a small fan instead, much more soothing.

Im a little paranoid to see how my tissue will respond as it’s only my second application. I did a patch test on my inner elbow area first.

when you soak in the bath how do your other areas of skin like your legs ect feel ,does the borax dry them out? being you said not to rinse afterwards. 

Sorry for the multiple questions 🙈 I do greatly appreciate your help.

• Posted

ThankYou for the tip! 😊

Anything natural is a great alternative indeed. 

• Posted

Hi Rose,

Sorry it has took me so long to reply. I just found your question in my pile of emails today. Sounds like you may have added a little too much borax. If mixing it in a spray bottle only put a pinch in warm water and shake it up! If it completely dissolves you can add another small pinch. You shouldn't see a clump in the bottom of your bottle - a few granules but not a clump. A clump means you've probably added too much borax. Try shaking the bottle up to see if it will dissolve if it does - Good deal you're on track!  I do the borax baths (specially during flare ups) and I add 1/3 cup of borax to my bath water. I only fill the tub about half full just so it covers all the necessary parts. Added note - make sure to swish the water around in the tub to help dissolve the borax. You can also add a little coconut oil and a few drops of lavender oil to your borax soak. Grab a good book, light a scented candle, lay back and relax. Make bath time pleasant and healing!!!

No the borax bath doesn't bother the rest of my skin, it really feels very soothing. I have dry skin anyway so I always use moisturizer on my legs, arms and face after bathing. I really like CeraVe cream in the jar but it is pricey. I also like Gold Bond Ultimate, if you are here in the states those are easy to find! 

No don't rinse the borax off just pat dry or use your little fan! I do hope your stitch is healing nicely. Please update me when you get a chance! (((hugs)))

Wishing you all the best!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.