Borax for lichen. Is it safe?

Posted , 12 users are following.

I was diagnosed with LS 5 years ago.  I'm 55 and went thru menopause about the same time.  I'm on clop, and estrance.  For the last 6 month it is getting worse.  I ordered Botox from amazon.  The brand prescribed for life. 100 percent pure, fine granular, USA natural mineral, >11% boron.  Wondering if anyone used this brand? If so how did u use it?  What has your experience been with your results.  All input is welcome!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Robin,

So sorry to hear that your LS has become active again after five years. Do you have any idea what may have caused it to flare up?

I have not used Borax myself, but have read with interest on this site the accounts of several ladies who have, with success. There is another thread under LS specifically about the use of Borax. Did you happen to read it?

Metta

• Posted

The borax I have been using is the 20 Mule Team one.  So don't know about your brand.

• Posted

Have you been using for awhile? How do u use it and does it work for u?
    • Posted

I mix a little at a time in a small jar.  Borax has a saturation point in water so if you put too much in it just doesn't dissolve.  It dissolves best in slightly warm water.  I have been applying it for about 4 months now.  It isn't doing any harm but whether it is doing any good or not is difficult to tell.  I just dab the area using a bit of cotton wool.  The number of times I do that has depended on how things are.  When I had the itch it was after every bathroom visit.  Now it is when I feel the slightest start of an itch which can be once every couple of days.  I am still applying the clob about twice a week too.  Mostly on a day when I have to wear knickers and trousers.  Whenever I can I wear skirts and go knickerless. Everything seems to be under control at the moment.

• Posted

I have read a lot about the use of borax on this forum and I would also like to know exactly what I should buy and how much to use.... if anyone can help. It seems to have helped a lot of ladies. I live in Australia.

I hope someone can give us some answers robin.

• Posted

I'm in the US so I can buy the 20 Mule Team Borax right on the laundry shelf.  I'm sure what you bought on Amazon is just fine.

I had to read that long Borax thread to figure out what to do.  It seems that everyone's measurements are a little different.  I ended up heating up about 1 cup of water and adding in 1/8th teaspoon (sorry for the US measurements) of Borax.  I added that to a smaller sprayer bottle.  After I used it one time, I got a little irritated.  For me I think it's best to dab it on with a cotton cloth.  

I haven't kept it up but I should.  My goal is to undue some fusing.

• Posted

thank you for the information on the Borax, very helpful
  • Posted

Thanks.  I'm from the US also.  I have seen your brand in the store too.  I have so much fusion going on even on clob not sure why...

• Posted

Hi Robin, I did not use that brand, but as long as it is sodium borate or sodium tetraborate, it should be fine. For more information on the borax treatment and to read about how to use it, and people's positive results, I recommend you read the thread "An experiment with Borax".  I'm sure it will answer all your questions.  I've been using it without any side effects for over a year and a half and it has (slowly, over time) reversed  my itching, labial fusing, white spots, and scarring.

• Posted

Hi Robin, I have just been reading the thread "Experiment with Borax" I went on Ebay (I am in Australia) and all I can find is the following 100g/bag Borax Sodium Tetraborate Decahydrate Borate Laundry Cleaning Powder. Could you tell me please if this is the correct Borax to purchase? I saw my gynie today and I have to get a lesion cut out in November after I have used an estrogen cream for 3 weeks to try and thicken my skin as it is so thin. I have started to fuse for the first time after having had LS for over 30 years. I think it may be because I stopped using a steroid cream altogether about a year ago and I think i should have at least used it once a week. Unfortunately I used a steroid cream far too often over all these years and my skin is now paper thin.

• Posted

Hi Jan

I'm in the UK and Borax is banned here, but I bought a huge box of 20 mule team on eBay and it arrived. Will probably last me 150 years...

• Posted

Hi, my name is Sandra. Iam diagnosed with lichen seit 1 month. How much borax should I use?

Thanks so much for helping me.

Best regards

Alexandra

• Posted

There is a FACEBOOK PAGE all about using it. Hundreds of women on there sharing their successes and routines.
  • Posted

I am also curious about the borax. What is the name of the FB page 

Right now I just use baking soda and water and dab a little aloe. I have even tried A&D ointment

I am still learning and am miserable but I’m happy I found this site 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.