Borax or baking soda- coconut or castor oil

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All,

I'm a little overwelmed. What seems to work best soaking in borax, baking soda or both mixed and how much do I put in the tub of water?

Or is it a simple as a mixed borax or baking soda mixed with a customer of water, put in a spray bottle and spritz after using the bathroom ? Ratio water and power?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What I do:  Every other day I take a full bath in which I either solve 1/3 cup of baking soda OR 1/6 cup borax.  After most bathroom visits I rinse with the help of a Perin bottle in which three pinches of either baking soda or borax.  I moisturize with coconut oil.  And use coconut oil as a lubricant when dilating (twice a week at present)  Hope this helps. 
    • Posted

Thank you hanny for sharing this with me, as well as the group. I'm sure others will benefit from the advice-instructions too 🤗

• Posted

Hi

I used 4 cups warm water, 2 full tsps. Borax in a bottle ,shake until

dissolved and used it every time  I went to the bathroom. Worked wonders

for me. Now after stopping it for about a yr. I'm still ok with

Coconut oil or MCT oil. I still use plain water after bathroom

to just stay clean. Occassional  itch, but not bad. If I get a relapse

I'll go back to Borax. No steroids for me. Hope this helps.

Good luck

• Posted

Thank you Helen got taking the time to respond and share the "recipe" with me. I'm love being able to communicate and learn from other in the same boat as I 😘

• Posted

Morning Deer 🤗

LS is a mind field of trying to find what is best for you 🤯

Sometimes it gets confusing with advice due to wo man being at various stages of the nasty sneaky painful LS journey 😩Though symptoms are pretty much variations of the theme I feel. 

Personally, after 18 years of the up and down LS rollercoaster of the good bad n ugly 👹   Several of thode years in joyful remission.  I try to keep it simple and not too many products on my now fragile vagina n anus. 

I feel I am in control of my LS, not the other way round 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻😊

I bought a portable bidet (off Amazon ) love it, to wash with Dermol 500 after having a poo 

I use my friend the bidet to have a few mins soak, twice a week with a teaspoon of 20 Mule Team Borax 99.9%pure (which I bought direct from Bio Aquatek Stoke on Trent ) dissolved in about 2 litres of water. 

Dermol 500 I use to moisturise after daily shower and if at any time I am a little sore, I use Betnovate ointment to STOP it progressing.  I did use Dermovate in the past but now Betnovate is less intense for me. 

My biggest problem was splitting when I pood, as my perineum is very narrow due to intrusive unnecessary surgery 😢 several years ago   That said I take Fybrogel daily to keep stools soft and eat clean fresh foods   

Taking sugar, dairy,  red meat and processed foods (all heat producing foods that LS thrives on 👊🏻wink out of diet has made a dramatic change in my health all round.  Certainly LS 🙏🏻

I also take Vitamin D as a supplement daily.  We all need ??????

If you are still reading Deer, thank you ?? Didn’t mean to write War n Peace on LS but actually that’s what it is. 

My warm regards Deer, and I wish you well. 🤗x

• Posted

Yes I'm still reading, every word of 18 years experienced advice... Who could ask for better 😘 Thank you for sharing your wisdom and well wishes. I'm loving this site and all the kindness so many have shared. 🤗

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.