Borax or baking soda- coconut or castor oil

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All,

I'm a little overwelmed. What seems to work best soaking in borax, baking soda or both mixed and how much do I put in the tub of water?

Or is it a simple as a mixed borax or baking soda mixed with a customer of water, put in a spray bottle and spritz after using the bathroom ? Ratio water and power?

Also what is there one better then the other when using Coconut oil or castor oil? Adding drops of lavender and lemongrass is suppose to be helpful too? Do I smear that over the affected area after bathroom use and showers?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I tend to rotate the oils, one week coconut oil, next week castor oil, next chia seed oil, etc.  I find castor oil is best for overnight.  I have added a few drops of pure lavender essential oil to the oil.  I myself spray a mix of baking soda and distilled water after each toilet visit.  I do soak in a sitz bath and in the water I put the borax maybe half a cup, it's more economical for me than putting borax in the bath. 

• Posted

I soak in corn starch and borax  to sooth a flare up . It gets so bad I have to also use ice packs. I soak in a small plastic tub rather than fill the whole tub. I know it’s odd but I prefer not to soak my whole body in the borax and cornstarch . You may want to because of wear your’s appears . I’d put 1/2 c of cornstarch and 3 -6 table spoons of borax for a whole tub. Also I should mention I  can only use one brand of cornstarch, once I bought another and it immediately burned . Good luck .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.