Borax questions

Posted , 8 users are following.

For those who use Borax, how do you use it? Is it the regular borax from the laundry aisle?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I love baths but they made my LS worse. I've found if I pour about a cup of borax in the tub and bathe it actually feels good. Since I am now completely symptom free from the mona lisa treatments ( laser treatments) i still use borax in the bath instead of bath salts. i just ordered 20 mule team borax from Amazon or sometimes you can find it at Walmart or in the laundry isle at sores. I also used coconut oil when I was symtomatic. just put it on directly from the jar with my fingers. i don't need to do that anymore now. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Dear cmcm,

Thanks for this news. I am glad the borax baths helped you. So, a normal amount of bath water, say 6 inches deep and 1 cup of borax? You stirred it around and let it dissolve, I guess? How long did you stay in the tub? Did the laser treatments bring about your improvement and, may we know what symptoms you had? Thanks.

• Posted

I got the borax from a health food store. I use the borax in the bath once a week. I use 1/2 cup, it does seem to help.

• Posted

i use borax laundry but my dr said to use half teaspoon with a half teaspoon of soda in warm water for about 15 minutes this really helps me with the itching. mine lichen is now on my skin and it really itches with this . im having to go to the drematologist ever month.

• Posted

Dear heart, that amount may not be anywhere near enough. I have used 1/3 - 1/2 cup in my bath water for years now and am completely symptom free. I also use coconut oil as a moisturizer.

God bless you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.