Borax...sodium tetraborate

Posted , 6 users are following.

Borax sodium tetraborate came today.how much do I put in the bath please. Xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

9 months ago during a flare I decided to give up clobetasol as well as elidel...cold turkey. I put maybe a fourth cup or less borax into a squirt bottle (like you would buy for ketchup or mustard) and filled up with distilled water. The borax settles on bottom letting me know that the rest dissolved into the mixture and the rest is on bottom for later when bottle runs low and I just add more distilled water. I apply at every bathroom visit to the toilet paper before wiping...takes a second literally. Thats all I do. There are ithets on here with various ways which all seem to help or totally work. The flare went away quickly and 9 months later I am totally clear in that area...normal! The withdrawal from the clobetasol and elidel is my current nightmare. My face is red and swollen right now but I know in a year or two my withdrawals will be over. I bathe with dead sea salt for my withdrawal symptoms and sometimes put maybe a fourth cup borax in the water and or a half cup of baking soda. For me measurements don't matter on this stuff. The dead sea salt is phenomenal and smells fresh and clean. Good luck. I wish I had never used the prescriptions. The withdrawal skin reaction is worse than Lichen Sclerosus. I am grateful for a natural cure for me.

• Posted

Pardon my typos above...typing on my phone with swollen eyes!
    • Posted

Am I understanding correctly that 9 months ago you stopped the Clob and that the Borax cleared up your LS and now you are experiencing "withdrawal symptons" or have they been on going?  I too only use 1/6 of a cup of Borax in the bath and apply the saturated solution twice daily.

In either case do you think it wise to consult your dermatologist. 

God bless you as you heal

• Posted

Hi Ballnose, I put 1/6 of a cup of Borax in my bathwater, and soak for 15 to 20 minutes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.