Borax use

Posted , 5 users are following.

How much borax to water should I put in a spray bottle? And should I add baking soda too? And how often to use?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi mariesm,

​I put three small pinches in my spray bottle.  Borax OR baking soda.  Not both at the same time. 

​I do this after most bathroom visits.  When away from home for a short while I sometimes skip. 

​After the spray and deb dry I put a bit of coconut oil on for just that little bit of comfort.

• Posted

I only use borax.  I have a small spray bottle abd put a little rather warm water in, then I use about four tips of the borax, (must have no lumps,) and shake till dissolved, then I fill the bottle with warm water and shake until no lumps can be found.  I shake each  time I use after the bathroom and use a vasoline type ,(drugstore,) comes in a  blue and  white jar, healing ointment.  I have not had any problems since I started this program.  By the way I also had a diagnoise of the desease in my mouth, went away at the same time.biggrin  Hopefully you have luck with this as I did.

• Posted

I only had a small amount of burning, it appeared to me it was when it was un- fusing and healing.  You could be using a little too much BORAX.  Best to you.

By the way, I also was given Estrace cream for insertion 2 X a week, that might also have come into play.

• Posted

Someone on here directed me to the discussion/feed about borax . That feed suggested as much bicarb or borax until no more dissolves in the water. Mine got cligged un the spray so I just soak it on with a small sponge.
    • Posted

Or cut off thebottom of the stem on the sprayer, from another sufferer.  I make up about a weeks worth in the spray bottle, easier for me.
  • Posted

Dear Mariesm,

I never used baking soda only borax.  After opening the box of BORAX, I take a teaspoon and push all the lumps out of a small area of the box.  I then use about a total of three to four tips of the spoon added to the warm/hot water each  time I add the borax.  Then SHAke each time borax is added.  It will clog if there is too much or the stem of the sprayer sits on the bottom of the bottle.  One smart lady replied to me a while back to "cut off a small bottom part of the stem .   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.