Border line thyroid

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi i am 59 years old and a blood test revealed i am border line thyroid.  I am really upset and what the devil does that actually mean.  I watch my weight and exercise but i feel so low because it seems all in vain because i am going to gain weight anyway.  I have litchen sclerosus and vaginal dryness and this really does seem like the last straw.  They are repeating the test in 3 months but it seems like i am on the rocky road to old age.  I complained of tiredness and low libido etc but i thought i was fighting the auto immune diseases it seems not.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Can you get copies of your blood results?

Sounds like sjogrens syndrome. Have you any problems with your eyes at all?

• Posted

No my eyes are great need glasses for really small print but thats all.
    • Posted

Hello Jackie

It is just that with Sjogrens the eyes are usually affeced, dry eyes, grittiness of the eyes, blurred vision, vaginal dryness, skin abnd hair is  dry, however if still getting these ssymptoms I would advise that you get screened for Sjogrens syndrome.

Plus usual antibody tests and thyroid hormone screening.

A copy of your blood results would be helpful byt the signs and symptoms are important too,

You need to find out whhat the TSH, T3 and T4, TPAOs are.

Regards

Jean

• Posted

Hi Jackie

The Thyroid uk website is very informative. It might be worth asking if they will retest sooner, normally minimum is 8 weeks but otherwise it drags out so long. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.