Borderline elevated Hemoglobin and Hematocrit - should I be worried?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi! I recently had a blood test done to check for post vaccine antibodies and I added a CBC just to check for basic stuff. Most things were within normal limits, except for Hemoglobin and Hemoglobin.

Hemoglobin was 15.3 (normal range is 11.9 - 14.6) and hematocrit is 44.6 (normal range 36.6-44). I've noticed that these intervals differ from one medical center to another, so by some standards, they are within range. Anyway, it's the first time these values were elevated.

I've visited my GP and she didn't seem worried, she said she can't really connect these values to anything. She didn't advise me to have any extra tests done or visit a hematologist.

Since I suffer from a lot of health anxiety, I googled this a lot and found out that besides serious causes, there values can also be elevated if you're dehidrated or consume a lot of iron and B12. I took some vitamin B suplements back in May (30 days) and I wondered if it could be from that. I asked my GP and she said yes, it could.

So basically I don't know if I should be at all worried about this or let it be and re-do the CBC in a few months.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.