borderline liver

Posted , 5 users are following.

Calling all people with similar symptom! I've been feeling generally poorly for about 4 weeks on and off with girly tummy bit of nausea but lightheaded and woozy. Had bloods done and told I need them doing again because something on my liver function is borderline. What does this mean? Also what on earth could it be as I understand this test can be for a lot of reasons. Thanks in advance

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

You have to post the test results here along with it's reference range than people could look at it and suggest something?
  • Posted

As Sunny said we can't tell what the results mean without the results! If you had a serious liver problem you would be feeling way worse than a bit "poorly". Nausea and tummy troubles can be caused by any number of things from a virus to a food allergy to inflammation or a blockage somewhere in your gut etc etc etc. 
    • Posted

Thanks guys I don't have the exact results but will ask for them, it's just when you google stuff it comes up with symptoms of every disease going and I know I shouldn't even bother doing it but curiosity gets the better of me, am I also right in thinking that the fact a test is borderline means if anything is seriously wrong then it's been caught at an early stage?
    • Posted

worst thing you can do is google..just adds more stress.. I did the same thing when I was first diagnosed and I had myself convinced I had everything...
  • Posted

Stay away from Mr Google, it won't help at all and will convince you that you are terminally ill when probably this was just a blip. Wait for the next test results and see if everything has gone back to normal. Stress will make you ill when you probably are fine.
    • Posted

Ok so the doctors won't give me the specific enzyme that's high, I return next week for more bloods. She said it's ever so slightly raised and the doctors want a repeat test and suspect a viral infection given my other symptoms, any idea what viral infections that do this could be?
  • Posted

Simple reasons could be medication, high fructose, pre hepatic jaundice, alcohol binge spree. I have the same issue, CT and fibroscan says I have mild fatty liver, but I react to fructose and medication.
  • Posted

Hi, I cannot help you with your question,but I can say my daughter is in the same boat.

feeling generally unwell,dizzy,woozy,girl tummy aches ,nausea,and has had a urine test come back with blood in it.

her bloods have come back and she has to go back to her doctors for another blood test as her liver isn't right.

she had her gall bladder taken out about 10 years ago which had affected her liver and had to have it flashed through. She's had acid reflux, IVF three times and when she was 16 had a terrible car accident (11 years ago) and had over 8 operations to reconstruct her left hand .

she suffers from cognitive behaviour since the accident too.

her list appears endless.

she had baby boy twins by c section last December.

now one year on she's been feeling like yourself and now her liver is not right.

she now can't get back to the doctors for a week so now she is stewing over the problem thinking she will die young and not see her babies grow up.....

i as mum is really worried for her as coping with two babies and feeling unwell is taking its toll.

anyone on this forum can put any light on why her liver might not be right...I am wondering if it's to do with her gall bladder operation a fat issue? 

Shes not yellow she don't drink any alcohol but has had to take a lot of tablets due to the above ..

• Posted

I know that certain over the counter pain meds such as acetometaphin can cause real problems with the liver.
  • Posted

Ok so I found out today that over the course of 3 blood tests my alt level has dropped from 105 to 74. Anyone have any idea what this means? Doctors receptionist couldn't explain? Cheers guys
  • Posted

It means the inflammation in your liver is less. Have you changed anything in your life like stopped drinking alcohol or eaten better for
    • Posted

I've rob ably been eating better without knowing it because I've felt rough. So this enzyme is liver specific as opposed to meaning there is something else wrong in the body?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.