Posted , 4 users are following.
I've never posted on any type of forum before but I'm at a bit of loss here so here goes.
I'm 23 years old. In early 2017 I had a massive ovarian tumour (25x15x10cm) removed via laparotomy, which destroyed my left ovary and Fallopian tube. It was extremely painful and I was over the moon to get the surgery overwith, especially when the omentum biopsy showed that none of the borderline cells from the tumour had been found elsewhere. I've been having regular internal scans and CT scans every three months.
Now, my most recent CT scan has shown that two more cysts have formed on my remaining ovary in the space of 3 months. They are significantly smaller, the larger only being 4 x 5cm and the smaller 3 x 4cm roughly. I've had an emergency MRI this week to get a better look at the cysts and I'm awaiting a review appointment with my consultant to discuss the results in the next 2 weeks.
I'm devastated this has happened again, and I was wondering if anyone else might have had the same problem? I'm aware that these two cysts they've found are relatively small, although bigger than a normal cyst (up to 3cm not persisting for 2-3 menstrual cycles). However my problem is I've been told definitively if anything came back they would remove it straight away, along with my appendix to reduce as much mucinous tissue as possible. This means more surgery, even if it is only keyhole this time. That's bad enough, but I'm worried about this keeping happening. I was assured it was unlikely that anything would come back, and something has!!
Does anyone else have problems with cysts and had to have an ovary removed? Will I end up having my other ovary removed if the cysts continue to keep growing? What does that mean in terms of early menopause? Does it sound like time to starting talking about protecting my fertility in terms of embryo storage, as me and my partner were hoping to have kids in a few years? I have all these questions and I haven't even gotten the all clear to find out whether these cysts are benign or something more sinister, and I'm trying not to panic about the fact that I was booked for an MRI a week after my CT scan results...
My head's swimming. Any thoughts any one has would be so much appreciated. It was awful going through the surgery and biopsy and waiting for results during my final year of University, but now I'm doing my PhD and I can't balance the stress of bad health and it...
Thanks, sorry for going off in a tangent
0 likes, 6 replies