Borderline Personality Disorder

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've recently been told that i most likely suffer from bpd.

Now this has been going on years Ave nearly killed me, ruined my life, all the usual. Being given a label isn't exactly helpful. Nor unhelpful.

I was wondering if there are any people there diagnosed with this who wouldn't mind talking, here or on private message.

I don't even know what i want to ask yet. I've found in the past talking to people with similar problems is good especially when they write something and Immediately you nod and go me too.

Is funny cos know I've looked up bpd online it looks like the disease was written from my case notes. Its just such a match.

Anyway feel free to pm me of whatever. Dunt worry, I'm unlikely to go into anything do.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hiya i got diagnosed last month i dont mind chatting if you would like to smile

• Posted

Hi

I was diagnosed in February this year. I was glad of the diagnosis myself as it has made me understand the way I am like I am. That of course doesn't mean that it makes it easier to deal with but when I am being reflective I understand that my rapid mood cycling isn't down to me being a dramatic pain in the wotsit - but a chemical inbalance which stops my brain working properly!

• Posted

Hi.

Thanks for all the replies.

Is clearly obvious now that i have bpd after reading the symptoms. I think it started when i was a teen with a psychotic episode.

Now I'm driven to distraction with depression and recovering from addiction. The depression will kill me. I feel i am about 2 weeks away. I've already started to put things in motion and get things ready. I've no friends anyway. And little family.

I'm a bit annoyed that i got no proper treatment. I have only ever been on one anti depressant, effexor for 5 years and no help at all. I thought that there are loads of one's to try and combinations but my doctor hates drugs and before i had a benzo addiction. I'm only on effexor cos i can't stop taking it

Finding out i have this is a death sentence. There's no telling when i could go psychotic again and lose my job. Its like a ticking time bomb.

Anyway that's my opinion if bpd. Just end it.

• Posted

Hi ted , ive been diagnosd with bpd or as they are calling it now emotionally unstable disorder for five tears now since mam died , first few years of getting diagnosed i just never realised just got on as norm but not since passed two years that looking back on my life and the things i did the bad things and people judging me as a attention

seeker it makes me angry i didnt get diagnosed earlier cos it all makes sense i struggle with emtions fear of being abandeod cant make soically dont have much self esteem my moods r all over the place i need ppl approval loads just close ppl cos i have trust issues too and cant open up to ppl and looking back when i was a kid it makes sense thewat i was now i gave this diagnosed i finally understand me so i can start working on me im getting better than i was only have few close friends and apart from the anger with boils inside me daily its going good im finally understanding myself and hopefuly u will find that too hope u getting on ok if u need to talk i am also free x

• Posted

Yes thanks for those out pourings. Sorry I've been offline i kinda gave up on this site.

Since the diagnosis, I've been able to make amends with alot of my family. They now understand that that horrible person for the last few years was an illness

So that's really good.

On the negative side my addiction has got worse. And it now threatens my job. I know if i lose my job, i lose my freedom, my home, and then where do i go. Its so frustrating. Especially as i know i did it to myself.

Company's now don't recognise humans anymore. There are a resources. If your not outputting at 100% even cos of illness you can be dismissed. I mean is different if you break an arm say and can't do work for a few weeks. But if you've depression, Bpd, addiction... They want rid of you.

I guess I'm talking upper salaries here in big company's.

That's my main problem and concern now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.