Bored how do you cope?

Posted , 6 users are following.

what does everyone do all day? I've managed to start managing my evening sleeping which leaves me now with not much else to worry about(oh and a scar that hasn't still quite healed yet!) I just don't know what to do with myself 😮 stop there's a song in there somewhere!

i manage to do bits of washing and ironing a bit of walking.... But what else is there to do😡😡😡😡😡???

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Just over 2 weeks post op!!
  • Posted

Candy crush, Farm Heroes, reading, housework, weeding, deadheading, walking, going on cross trainer (waited until 4 weeks post op - now 7), online (a lot ), being taken out by friends, visits from friends, popping into work to see everyone once a week, tv as a last resort oh and trying on all my clothes a few a day to see what still fits and looks okay, luckily it all does (fit that is, not sure if looks ok lol)
  • Posted

Hi Rsarahj

You keep walking, in lovely places enjoy the view, or if no views available walk around the shops and enjoy.  Rest in between, read, watch a film, meditiate,  then do stairs, rest, more walking, hee! hee! I am sounding like a cheer leader!  

Love

Jacqui lol

Do enjoy, real life will catch up with you very soon!  

• Posted

Thanks for responding😀 I also go through all the games on iPad and iPhone watched loads of TV been sat out in the garden as my hubby is building me a lounging area! Has been all day! Bless him! 💋 I just feel soooo lazy and don't know how to keep my chin up today! 
    • Posted

Hi Rsarahj

Hee! hee! glad to hear you have your hubby working well.  Enjoy your rest time, then take hubby for a lovely summer's evening walk, buy him a pint for all his hard work today, pretend you are both a first date and kissing is all you will allow! redface Have fun!

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

I agree with Neverstaystill and Jacqui.Enjoy your time off,make the most of it.Sadly i am due back to work tomorrow if my Dr gives the all clear.To start off for the first few days I was watching tv,reading,doing puzzles and I have kept a daily journal since my op what I did and how I felt.Within 3 days from coming home I was out and about.Not far to start but the walking did me good.I was soon doing lots of household jobs except hoovering and ironing and I was going shopping but not carrying heavy bags,Some days there wasn't time to do the chores I had planned.For ages I had wanted to transfer photos from my computer onto dvd's and I only finished that the other day.It has been so nice going out with colleagues for coffee or lunch.It isn't every day that I get chance to sit in a pub for 3hrs.Unfortunately my Mum isn't well so my time off has given me chance to sort a few things out for her.I go away in just under 3 weeks and we have a garden party 2 days after we get back so I am planning for both.The more you are kept busy mentally and physically it will help with your recovery.

xxx

• Posted

Hi Teresa

You have been busy!  I want to know where the 10 weeks have gone,  Can you believe we have made it through recovery.  I kept a journal too, great to see the progress.  My last page is ready for my 3 month check up on the 15th, when I shower my surgeon with hugs and kisses!  Hoping he will give me the 'all clear' to finally pick up Rosie.  As she is 8 kilos I have to wait for him to say okay and of course to the dreaded hoover!  I never read any of the books I intended, I got carried away walking in the woods and climbing stairs!  

I love the 3 hours you spent in the pub, lovely rest place.  Hope your Mum is making a good recovery.  

Good luck at work tomorrow, ease into it, don't do too much!

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

It has actually only been 9 weeks on Tues since my op.The 3hr comment about the pub is only on 1 day.My Mum has lots of problems which will never improve and we I take her out I have to push her Ina wheelchair which I haven't done yet.I gave up driving years ago so life is difficult with her now.I only had a 6 week check up with my consultant and that was a waste of time.Did you see my post from Fri about my appointment that day?If I start work it will only be for 3 hrs from10.30-1.30 for 4 days and I can work less if I feel it is too much.My manager is being fantastic.

xxx

• Posted

Hi Teresa 

So sorry to hear about your Mum. It must make life difficult for all of you.

Glad you have not pushed the wheelchair yet.  Very hard work on the stomach muscles.   I did see your post.  So glad your work is being helpful to you.  Hee! hee! don't worry I didn't think you were in the pub all the time!  It just sounded lovely.  

Take care

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

helo teresa.have really taken in lots of info and advice from. the ladies on here which is so possitive and i. no its really going to help .had to cancol op last week week. for practical reasons. op on wednesday but so frightened.wondered how others felt just before op &also just wakeing up from op. . elspeth
    • Posted

Hi Elsbeth

Just to wish you good luck for Wednesday.  Don't worry all will be fine.  I woke up in recovery to see my surgeon flapping his arms around saying 'Tell Me I am Wonderful!'  Hee! hee! he did a good job and wanted me to tell him so, I could not stop laughing and then I thought 'Well I must be okay because I am laughing!'  cheesygrin

Let us know how you get on as soon as you can.  Will be thinking of you and recovery is not as bad as you think.  Looking forward to you joining us 'on the other side'.lol

Try and get lots of rest and sleep before the op, it helps the healing.

Love

Jacqui smile

• Posted

I dot try on too many clothes as not may fit me yet! Only 1 pair of jeans that I bought a few weeks before op as I'd piled on the weight with all the meds! Their still the only pair that fit
  • Posted

I nap when I'm tired, have some awesome coloring books, read, fb, rented some movies, I had lavh 5 days ago. No housework for me yet but looking forward to getting better so I can I hate not being able to do stuff

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.