Boredom

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am so very bored with cabin fever, I can't stand it.

Had minor bunion surgery. Stithen out in 3 days. I am on my eleventh day.

Only taking regular ibuprofen. Bruising is moderate to high. Can get around walking pretty good.

I wonder should I changed driving with the right boot on.

Any opinions?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue - I had bunion surgery to my right foot last year, and my Surgeon was very insistent about my not driving until he gave the go-ahead. The primary reason is that, should you have an accident whilst wearing a boot on your right foot, you might find yourself uninsured, as your Motor Insurer will seek confirmation from your Surgeon that permission has been for you to drive with a boot on, which is unlikely!. This will be applicable to both Manual and Automatic cars. Your Surgeon may be less concerned for left foot surgery in an Automatic car, but the above will apply to a Manual one.

I empathise with your "Cabin Fever" comment - it drove me up the wall, but I had the summer months in the garden to compensate (a bit!)

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi sue

I had major bunion surgery. I'm on my fifth week of none weight bearing pot. That means I can't put my foot down at all. I'm 61 and not thin. So getting to the loo or the kitchen is about my limit!!! I have another week like this, then six weeks with a boot on.

Consider what you would gain from driving. " your freedom". But what might you loose. You would not be insured. So if you had an accident??????? You could end up without a license and that could be long term. You could end up in jail. Then you would get cabin fever!

So, relax,, take up yoga, meditation, go online Christmas shopping, learn a skill, knit, sew, read or all of the above. Worst case watch Jeromy Kyle and think " there but for the grace of God".Re organise your knicker drawer.

Main thing do not be tempted. Sit back and look at the pretty shoes you will be able to wear very soon.

• Posted

Hi Kim, I like your positive attitude, we all need to have one to get through this long ordeal. My turning point, however, was when I could get back behind the wheel, the sense of freedom is very uplifting especially without a jail sentence hanging over me lol . I am glad to be going back to work in a week and back to 'normality' , my foot still swells and I rest it as much as possible so will need to be careful at work but it will be nice. 

• Posted

Sue, check your car insurance, I wasn't insured to drive till 8 weeks. I tried driving with the boot on but its not safe - well for me anyway.  I am 12 weeks post surgery, I can understand the cabin fever, but hopefully the weather is getting better so you will be able to sit outside for a while each day? Get friends to take you out for a coffee or lunch, or just for a drive and a chat, it helps. 

• Posted

Hi Janet

I'm looking forward to getting my boot. Then I'll be able to get out and about. I haven't spent anything for the last month so I'll spend what I've saved on taxis.

I know what you mean about driving. It was because I couldn't drive without pain that I had surgery. I'm hoping to go back to work in June. But it will probably be part time at first. I'm not doing anything that puts my foot healing correctly at risk.

I'm looking forward to sitting outside. It's been a bad winter. I'll have to use fake tan when my pot comes off.

Happy healing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.