Boric Acid Causing Spotting??

Posted , 2 users are following.

My doctor prescribed Boric Acid depositories for a weird type of yeast infection. 

A few days in, I’m having spotting when I wipe after peeing, off and on. It doesn’t look like period blood. I didn’t use one last night because of it, but I still bled after peeing this morning. 

I also read that bleeding is a symptom of a yeast infection, however I also read it’s a symptom of boric acid and not to continue to use them if it occurs. 

Have any of you experienced this with a yeast infection while using boric acid?? Is it safe to continue use?? This s**t is driving me insane. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I've never used Boric Acid for my yeast infection, but heard about this situation. There is no thing to worry about this symptom. If it isn't uncomfortable, continue using it. You can also wait a day or two before inserting another and it'll be fine. The blood can resolve itself. But if you experience severe discomfort, discontinue use.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.