Boric acid suppositories

Posted , 8 users are following.

Has any one had any luck with boric acid suppositories to stop itching? My doctor wants me to use those as well as clobetasol for the next 4 weeks to see if that helps.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Staci,

Have not heard of the suppositories but many women on this forum have used borax sitzbaths with some positive result. Have you already tried them and if so what effect did you see?

biscuit

• Posted

i have not started using them yet! i will monday. i am out of town for the 4th and didnt want to start anything new incase i had a bad reaction! ill keep you updated though!

• Posted

Someone recently mentioned suppositories but can't remember if they were boric acid. Just read that BA is a weaker form of boron. So you would probably get a longer lasting effect with the suppository than having to sit and soak. Also might avoid a negative reaction to the stronger boron.

I've been taking boron as a supplement for months. Can't say doing so has made any difference, but we are all different so react differently. Good luck with it.

I usually rinse in the evening with a large cup of warm water with a little baking soda in it. Sometimes just the water. Not sure if it makes a difference.

• Posted

Staci, boric acid...? that seems so harsh ! I'm not a doctor so I guess he would know best but is this information coming from a OB/GYN or just a regular doctor? Did he do a biopsy?

• Posted

jackie, "A popular use of the term acid makes all acids sound scary and corrosive. However, the vagina is naturally an acidic environment. A healthy vagina has a pH of approximately 4, thanks to lactic acid production by the normal vaginal flora.

The naturally acidic vaginal pH helps to keep the vagina healthy. A pH in the healthy range reduces the growth of many pathogens, including some of those commonly associated with sexually transmitted diseases. When the pH is disrupted by an infection or other vaginal health condition such as bacterial vaginosis, that can contribute to an overgrowth of unhealthy organisms. That's when boric acid suppositories may be able to help". (you can find most anything by googling)

• Posted

Thats what i thought at first too but my doctor specializes in vulva dermatogy and is very knowledgable in LS so i trust her!

• Posted

Are you in the US? I can't seem to come up with a dermatologist that handles gyn issues.

• Posted

I'm on the other coast, unfortunately. How did you find your dr? Did a gyn refer you?

• Posted

I've never heard of boric acid suppositories, but I do take BORON capsules as part of my auto- immune protocol.

• Posted

I was recently seen by my gynecologist because LS was so angry, itchy and painful. she gave me Valtrex because she thought it was blisters. she also gave me diflucan and the clobetasol. none worked, so I bought the boric acid suppositories. after only 1 night, the angry redness was improved. it has been 5 days and it is pretty much GONE! It works that well. hope this helps.

• Posted

This is because yeast infections are extremely common with us LS people. Its a different type of yeast too candida galbrata which is treated with boric acid suppositories. so sometimes when you think your LS has flared it could be a yeast infection. Ive been using the suppositories as needed for a few years now and it has been a life saver. You have to get the prescribed ones from the compounding pharmacy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.