Boron!

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello everyone - been  reading how boron prevents the urinary excretion of calcium that can assist with retaining bone density so today I've started to include this mineral in my diet.  I'm not sure how long it will take before positive results are known, however small they may be but if any of you here have had positive results from taking boron,  I would be interested to learn of them, thanks!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes, boron is on the list of things that help our bones. I set up a page for just these kinds of ideas to grow people's knowledge but most seemed to have missed my post. Good that you are doing this.

Are you taking a supplement or making sure it is in your food that you have regularly?

It is in lots of foods like avocados which we use on our bread every lunch time. Many fruits contain boron as well.

• Posted

At present am taking a supplement so have yet to research which foods contain boron, this I will do shortly.  I suppose foods grown in a mineral rich environment would contain the most promising  amounts of  boron so where food is produced, by its country of origin  is important too.
    • Posted

Plant based foods have boron. Avocados and prunes are a good source. We keep getting told to eat a lot of different vegetables but many of us do not unfortunately. Salads for lunch and heaps of veggies for tea and throw in two pieces of fruit per day and we are being very healthy.

If you can afford to pay extra for organic even better!

• Posted

It's the nature of the forum.  Maybe you could find your post and put the link here?  A link to another page in Patient doesn't go to moderation.

• Posted

There are so many posts where not only I have made suggestions for the goodies in our foods.

Might I suggest you go to the list of posts and read most of them.

If this does not work I will try to make up a list and post.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.