Boron supplements - anyone trying them?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been happily using the saturated borax for over a year now, but I'm post menopausal and recently seem to be breaking things (fingers, toes) very easily. I'm going to get bone density tested but did some internet searching and found that boron was recommended as a supplement (with calcium, magnesium and zinc). I saw that someone was trying them but can't find the comment.

I got some and found that if I took the recommended 3mg I got an upset stomach, I dropped it down more and more and I'm now taking one a week which seems fine. The study i found (by the American FDA) was only a short-term study with a small cohort, so I don't know about taking them long term. Any suggestions? I'm not sure there's any effect on my LS but then I'm not getting worse which is an effect in itself.

Is anyone else trying them?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Actually what I'm wondering is if I have a boron deficiency since it helps with LS topically, but is also supposed to be good for increasing bone density. And if only there was an easy solution to LS...

• Posted

PS: just read that boron increases vitamin D in the blood.. and vit D helps with skin disorders. So this may be of help with your bone density as well as LS. 🙏🙏

• Posted

Hi Bridge.. no sorry I haven't heard or boron supplements. Is it linked to borax at all? Speaking of which, have you had any success with it? I tried after bathroom visits, 2/3 teaspoons in a drinking water bottle but after a few days it made me sore. So I then cuit down to 2/3 pinches of borax in the same bottle but it seems to have made my white bits worse! But seeing all the positive comments about it on here I'm wondering where I'm going wrong with it? Anyway I have reverted back to the bicarb for now. I have pretty mild symptoms (I think) with no itching but just soreness after intercourse and the white areas. sad

• Posted

Hi Jill, if the boron solution isn't working for you, stick with what suits you. We each have to find our own balance and different things suit each of us. I can't use baking soda, it irritates me and I need to wee all the time if I use it, just like  UTI. Borax was instant relief for me, and I was one of those who'd been misdiagnosed by several doctors and told I was a hypochondriac until I moved and changed doctors. The new one was shocked that no one recognised what I had, but a lot of damage had been done by then. Since posting I've read that 80 something% of boron supplements are excreted, but will carry on taking them anyway. High boron foods are avocados and broccoli and I've been craving them so I'll take that as a sign.

I know I saw a post where someone had been taking boron but deleted it by mistake and now can't find it...

• Posted

Hi.. yes it's interesting how our bodies can crave for some nutrients  we are lacking in our system - much the same as pregnancy cravings are. I have reverted back to the bicarb and the new white bits that had appeared after using the borax have now faded again thank goodness. Disappointing though after reading so many positive outcomes from other ladies who have used borax. Or is it because my borax isn't pure.. could be something to do with that. I bought it on eBay and it did claim to be pure but who knows. 😏

• Posted

Hi Bridge of Sighs,

?I just found out a couple days ago that I do have LS.  I thought I did because of google searches of symptoms but was diagnosed when I finally caved and went to DR.  

?I do want to answer you by saying that I have been taking Ionic Boron in water almost daily for a few months.  I've had low levels of D3 so went on D3 and K2 along with magnesium and boron because they are cofactors to help the D3K2 (from what I understand)  So thankfully I am on it but now will be sure to take everyday.  

?I put the Boron drops in a glass of water and it just has a sweet taste from the Boron.  So I never got a tummy upset from taking it in tab form.  

?I am so happy to have found all of you on this forum.  Just finding my way around it since it is all new but want to say Thank You all for your posts of knowledge and encouragement!! 

• Posted

I have been using boron for many years, I have LS and another two autoimmune diseases. It is very good...has helped me, a lot of people are taking boron as a medicine. Balances the hormones in men and women, anti fungal, helps mantain bone strength  through its influence on hormones, helps correct oestrogen deficiency.
  • Posted

Boron is a trace element and readily available in your diet. Prunes are excellent but bananas and avocados are others. I would not take the supplement as it is so easy to meet this requirement.

Vitamin K2 is an exception as we cannot get enough and it is needed to aim the calcium onto the bones.

You can check others like vitamin D3 and calcium in your blood tests.

Food is the best to source your vitamins. I do take magnesium as people have been found to be lacking that but not all the time.

• Posted

I gave up on the boron supplements a long time ago, my tummy never settled. I ate a banana a day but that gave me terrible wind (very embarrassing!), so now I'm going with avocados and broccoli. I haven't heard of drops, will look them up. Thanks

• Posted

Just checked, my calcium tablets have boron in them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.