Boston Scientific Precision/ never shuts off

Posted , 6 users are following.

In 2008 had the thing installed after failed lumbar laminectomy and tried for 1 year to let it fool my brain that it was helping me. After trying for that year when I turned it off it still has the sensation in my lower extremities that will not stop. I had this thing removed in 2010 after being told to give it time to adjust but could not deal with it anymore. I was told " Sorry for your discomfort" and that was it. Had it removed and here it is 8 years later and as I sit here it is buzzing away none stop and glad I am a kinda strong willed person I haven't taken the chicken way out and turned it off completely. Has anyone heard of someone this has happened to? I had no luck with the PM guy who seemed to not care and the reps wouldn't reply. This is such an awful thing to live with but what can one do? Anyway, thanks for letting me vent a little.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

My scs was installed 1/18. As soon as I woke up in recovery I had a an intense pain in my groin which I still suffer from constantly. I keep getting told it's "just coincidence" and they keep trying to mask the pain with drugs.

• Posted

Hi Kenny,

Sorry for your pain I was going to get Boston scientific stimulator, but after reading the reviews I decided not to most of the reviews were bad and that the Reps for the company were no help. I have bulging disc l5 s1 and bone spur also have sciatic nerve damage from hip revision back in 2013. Going to see neurosurgeon next week. Stop taking pain pills because I've been on them so long they were just masking the pain. Hopefully you can get some relief

Take care

Jackie

• Posted

Jackie, as to your comment, you say PAIN PILLS ONLY MASK THE PAIN.

Isn't that what pain pills are supposed to do?  They can't CURE. 

Therefore, I don't understand your statement.  Can you explain?

• Posted

Hi Janice,

Let me explain In Oct 2013 I had hip revision that I got sciatic nerve damage from also have bulging disc L5 -S1 . Pain pills do help I was taking Norco But long term use for me I started getting horrible Anxiety attacks heart palpitation's that sent me to emergency room just to be told its anxiety . well long term use of pain killers can have horrible side effects and I felt like I was having heart attack.

I know that cant cure but the heart palpitation's and anxiety was just to much I was on pain pills to 

to long. I have tried everything I felt it was time to feel the pain instead of masking it any longer and boy oh boy I'm feeling it. I'm taking muscle relaxers and ibuprofen800mg . Sorry for the misunderstanding we all need to do what's best for us . I'm still on disability lost my job bills piling up etc . Going to see neurosurgeon this week to see if there anything that can be done or do I just need to cope with chronic pain.

Wish everyone the best and to do what works for you . My daughter told me the other day its nice to have my mom back shes 27 . I just wasn't the same person taking Norco for so long detoxing from them was so hard and I also advise to do it only with doctors knowing and helping you along the way.

Take Care

Jackie     

• Posted

Jackie, just read your reply and I now get what you mean.

I'm taking 45 mg of Oxycodone going on 5 years now.

TKR, Spinal Decompression and then Spinal Fusion.  Sciatica still reigns.

Oxy doesn't help much any longer.  Doctor won't increase the amount.  I'm 75 and he's probably worried.   In addition, started taking aspirin and ibuprophen.

Oxy has changed me.  I'm isolated mostly.  Don't attend any social events anymore or family gatherings.  Have mild anxiety.

Sorry for going on.

• Posted

Hello again Janice,

I know how you feel hang in there I probably would still be taking the Norco if the anxiety and heart palpitations didn't send me to emergency room. I was on Norco for about 4 years I'm 51 born with hip dysplasia and now disc herniated and nerve damage. This site does help to know we are not alone I'm also thinking of going too support group for chronic pain. I wish you the best and hope you get some relief.

Keep in touch

Jackie

• Posted

I'm kind of confused.

What did you have taken out?

If you had the SCS removed there should not be any stimulation to feel? (Like I said I'm probably confused)

You should call Boston scientific themselves (and let them know about your rep. Mine is wonderful! Always answers my calls within an hour or 2 and gets me in to see her within a couple days if need be.

It is a pain in the butt to be (the simulator) re- programmed.

You could also talk to Boston scientific about it not turning off? Maybe it's the remote not working? Just a guess.

I've only had mine for 12 weeks. Most the time it does great on my favorite programs!!! ( still tweeking it) i feel well enough after the stimulator that i did WAY more than I was able to b4. Which has included shoveling and lifting which has slightly moved the leads twice. So it made the stimulation area move and the rep had to do more programming again to make sure I have the coverage I need. Maybe yours moved? Sounds like you definatly have a Dr. and rep problem. Wish I could share mine.

I have to stop over doing it and remind my self my back is still bad, just the pain is a-lot better.

I wish you the best of luck!! Being in pain and discomfort constantly is horrible!!

• Posted

I had the entire unit removed, batteries leads everything, but yet I still have the stimulator sensations. If I get motivated the sensation increases. I am as confused as you. I gave up years ago looking for help.

• Posted

I did neglect to add after the failed laminectomy I now have saddle anesthesia, yea, urinary and fecal incontinence along with shocking and muscle spasms in penis and rectum and still shooting pain down the right leg. That was why I wanted the surgery to begin with. My back doc said he didn't go anywhere near the nerve root that controls those functions. What a load of bull crap, that is where they are located. I never had back pain until I woke up in the hospital covered in body fluid and in 10+ pain for about 7 days and had to figure out how to deal with this when all I got was the Homer Simpson response of " I don't know". I was in pain management with Lortab 10, baclefin 15, Neurontin 800, morphine 15. After 8 years of those pills that didn't do anything to break through my pain and they wouldn't increase dosage I ventured out and was asked to go away when I screwed up with a bad urine test. A neighbor had oxycodone and I took them, yep, my stupidity so I am now 5 1/2 years with no pain meds. I made the bed ,I have to deal with it. My interest in this site was to see if anyone has had something similar to the post op sensations of having the stimulator removed but yet it seems like it is still there. This is a great venue to maybe help one to not seem like they are just crazy and it's just in your head, I can say it is not just imaginary.....it is buzzing away. Thankz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.