Boston Scientific spinal cord stimulator woes?

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hello all!

I seen a discussion on this but it was years ago so I decided to start my own. I have had my Boston Scientific spinal cord stimulator implanted in my spine since October 2009 for RSD or CRPS (whichever you prefer to call it) in my left hand when the doctor who was treating me for neck pain struck a nerve. I had to be off work for 8 months as I could not use the hand and trying to find the doctor who caused this at fault with a pre-existing condition like fibromyalgia proved to be futile. No lawyer wanted to touch it. It was that gray area I guess. I got into a car accident in 2015 and the rear end impact was so strong that it damaged the spinal cord stimulator leads in my neck. What was recovered from the lawsuit was just enough to cover the doctor and hospital fees and lawyer fees with enough money left over to just stick into my account to put down on a house which it didn't really cover that so it is just sitting in my account until I start the buying process again. So damaged leads and since I was not using it, I left it. Now 2017 rolls around and I have this burning, stabbing, painful, nerve wrecking issue in the area where the battery is. Went to see one doctor who referred me to another doctor and that doctor told me the battery has moved but this is not the kicker, I am have sciatic pain and leg paralysis so bad in the area where the battery is that I am overly frustrated at it all. I have an appointment to see a neurosurgeon to get the battery removed or replaced and the stimulator removed or replaced. I can do without both but would like to walk away afterwards so maybe will stick with battery removal. I am on a blood thinner from open heart surgery to replace a floppy valve so I have a mechanical one. I was only 33 years old when I had the spinal cord stimulator implanted and open heart surgery at 38 and now at 41 years old, I have to go back under the knife. I am thoroughly frustrated by this  and is wondering if anyone had any issues as I am having. 

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had a CD Boston scientific trial was 98% pain free in neck and back. I decided to have battery

Put in and 3 leads that go all the way up to my neck, after that I starting having migraine in the back of my head, excoriating I've been in bed for months pain medcine, botox in jections for migranes, i go to physical therapy has helped range of motion my pain level 7-8, it quit working on my back

• Posted

On my back and neck. July 19th they are taking it out, i have no idea what my next option will be
    • Posted

On my back and neck. July 19th they are taking it out, i have no idea what my next option will be

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.