Both arms forearm pains

Posted , 2 users are following.

I think I have tennis elbow in both arms. I can't get rid of it. I've had it for nearly 2 months now. it presents more like aches, pains and tightness in my forearm muscles which attach to the elbow but not really the elbow itself. I think weight exercises kicked it off but I've not done anything for 4 weeks now. I work behind a desk all day which seems to be the main instigator of recurring pain now . I got an ergonomic keyboard to help and I'm now going to get a mouse but it just wont go. One day I think its better than the next it'll be really sore again. One day my left is worse then the next day the right. There seems to be no rhyme or reason. I've had dry needling, Didn't really help. I've been stretching and icing. Didn't help. I've now decided to strengthen my forearms which again just seems to aggravate it. Will this ever go?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

tennis elbow can be like this. it sounds like you've had a scan so i'm assuming your diagnosis is correct.

have you had a physio take you through eccentric exercises. this hurts but will get you better quicker. next you could consider paying for PRP injection (nhs do not fund this). some evidence this is as good as surgery. prp is spun from your own blood and injected under Ultrasound guidance. Then lastly surgery is an option.

sam vollans

elbow surgeon

• Posted

I had horrible tennis elbow a few years back. The only thing that helped me was PRP. I had to pa y$400 USD out of pocket, but it worked.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.