Skip to content

Elbow Problems

Also known as Golfer's Elbow, Lateral Epicondylitis, Olecranon Bursitis , Student's Elbow, Tennis Elbow

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Untreated minor dislocated elbow for 15 years

I would like to check on treating a minor elbow dislocation, which happen when I was 15 years old and left untreated for half my life. I remembered the incident very clearly, that I landed on my left palm, and there was a slight rotation of my humerus towards the left.The only discomfort back...

Last reply
  • Elbow/shoulder injury

Hi everyone, first post here. First off let me give you background- in November of 2017 I injured my elbow at a hockey tournament. I don't really know how as it did not hurt until the next day or so. After a month of resting for two weeks and trying to play (ortho originally said maybe bone bruise)...

Posted
  • Elbow clicking

I fell skiing 3 months ago and hurt my elbow. It was fine and no major issues with it since. However my elbow clicks when I straighten it or flex it quickly. No pain. X-ray showed no abnormalities. Would an mri be useful? Just a bit weary of clicking and don't want arthritis to develop anytime soon....

Last reply
  • lump in elbow crease?

Hello all. I've had a lump in my elbow crease for a very long time now (years). Sometimes there is no pain at all but sometimes the pain is quite sharp. I'm guessing that's because it might be pushing down on some nerves in my arm. Every doctor that I've gone to tells me it's not...

Last reply
  • Arthritis related elbow replacement

I am probably going to have to undergo a full elbow replacement at some point in the near future.  I just wanted to know of anyone else’s experience of this and where you had the operation.  I am 58 and aware that this particular procedure can have a limited life span

Last reply
  • Total Elbow Replacement - I have had this done. Anyone else?

In June 2014 I had my left elbow replaced.  At the present time this is 9 weeks ago. I have had good progress but concerned about doing anything that will make it come loose. Has anyone else had the same operation and how has it been and has there been any problem with the joint coming loose? 

Last reply
  • Complications from elbow replacements?

For those of us who have gone through the elbow replacement process, I am wondering how many of you have had complicatrions and which complications. Has any one needed a revision and how did that go? If you didn't choose a revision and left it as is, how did that work out? 18 months after my R elbow...

Posted
  • Blue Swelling on Elbow (no pain)

last week I had my first session of boot camp and near the end of the session I unthinkingly rubbed my arm (becuase my muscles were a little sore) and to my suprise felt a large lump on the side of my elbow. No pain at all but it was about the size of a grape, felt rather solid and was very blue in colour....

Last reply
  • Greatly limited mobility in elbow joint

I'm a 38 year old male. When I was 17, I had a fracture on my left elbow from a fall. I had problems with the elbow in terms of mobility and pain for a couple of years, but from when I was about 20 until just recently it has been fine, apart from cracking noises now and then when I stretched it out....

Last reply
  • Ulnar Nerve or Cubital tunnel entrapment

Dr says I have cubital tunnel entrapment of the Ulnar Nerve.  He wants to do surgery, and at the same time do the carpal tunnel release.  I am hesitant because of the long recovery process.  He has told me at least 3 months because they believe taking it slow and methodical gives the best...

Last reply
  • Elbow pain

Good evening,  About 7 weeks I played 10 pin bowling. Muscles in arm ached next day.  Which I expected.  But pain has never gone away and is affecting my work as constantly achy and painful if straighten it.  And I struggle to put stock onto the shelves.  If I press inside crease...

Last reply
  • Broken elbow now can't straighten my arm after 10 weeks

In November I was kicked by a horse and it completely shattered my right elbow.  The open wound was exposed to all sorts of farmyard debris for a few hours before I was eventually airlifted to hospital. I was originally sent to Minors, but then an orthopaedic surgeon saw me and rushed me straight...

Last reply
  • Olcranon fracture and flexion

Hi there, A month and 3 days ago I had surgery to repair my fractured olcranon. The bone broke into two so the surgeon was able to use a screw to splint the bones together. However there was a chance that this might not work because of the way the bones grab together–they might not line up properly......

Last reply
  • Olecranon fracture and flexion

Hi there, A month and 3 days ago I had surgery to repair my fractured olcranon. The bone broke into two so the surgeon was able to use a screw to splint the bones together. However there was a chance that this might not work because of the way the bones grab together–they might not line up properly......

Last reply
  • Medial Epicondylitis?

I have been rock climbing for around 3 years now, when i began to get stronger I had a strong pain in my elbow pit that got worse and worse, to the point i had to take a couple months off, and then I slowly went back to climbing at it wasn't as big of a problem and went away fully. Around 6 months...

Posted
  • RE: Radial End Replacement

Hi all, Looking fo some advice. I fell off my flat garge roof when the edge of the roof gave way whilst cleaning leaves off it. Unfortunatley landing on my outstretched hand which caused me to dislocate my elbow joint. I had it re-positioned on the day (August Bank Hoilday Monday). After several weeks...

Last reply
  • Ulnar nerve transposition

Had tendinitis of elbow from throwing something. May 2017 Once started therapy realized ulnar nerve subluxibg and causing irritation.  Had transposition 8 weeks ago . Most swelling and bruising are finally gone. Don’t mind soreness elbow or few nerve pinches that are healing. What I don’t like is...

Last reply
  • Injured elbow skiing

Just wondering if I should get elbow checked out or leave it heal on its own. I was skiing 5 and a half weeks ago and I had a pretty hard fall. When I stood up I felt pain in my elbow. I continued skiing the next day as there was only a slight bit of pain. At this moment I am doing pushups and dips...

Last reply
  • Snapping tricep post op ulnar nerve transposition

Hello forum, I am 6 weeks post op of an ulnar nerve transposition on my left elbow, where I was dealing with subluxation and pinching of the ulnar nerve over the medial epicondyle. I went back in for my follow up and the Dr. confirmed that I now have snapping triceps syndrome with the triceps tendon...

Last reply
  • Ulnar nerve transposition

I had my right elbow surgery done it was a ulnar nerve transposition and debridment as well as something else I can't recall the name. It's been 7weeks now but now my fingers and wrist after some use get real weak anyone else have that.?

Last reply
  • right arm operated on now left arm is getting sore

hello, I just moved from hip replacement to elbow group. 6 years ago, my tendonitis arthritis in right elbow led to surgery. My left elbow after 3 cortisone shots calmed down. Now its really acting up again, I am wearing a strap brace, and rubbing muscles in forearm, and taking naproxen. Any one else...

Posted
  • Cubital tunnel syndrome

I am currently undertaking an Extended Project on Cubital tunnel syndrome which is the cell phone elbow, it is a Neurological injury and involves the Ulnar nerve that runs down the arm. Therefore I was wondering is anyone here is with this syndrome? Please if you don't mind can you please share your...

Last reply
  • Broken ulna, radius and radial head

About 5 weeks ago I broke my ulna, radius, shattered my radial head, also dislocated the elbow. I had surgery in which I had to get a radial head replacement, a plate over top of my elbow to about 6 inches down my ulna and radius bone. I'm not sure how many screws I have in there. I've done 3...

Last reply
  • Fell on my elbow, have a few questions

Hello, to sum up everything I fell on my left elbow (i fell on my back and it braced my fall). I noticed the small ball looking bone thingy right next to the tip of the elbow can wiggle (in picture). I was told that its the tendon or nerve by my boyfriend and that his on the left elbow can wiggle as...

Last reply
  • elbow olecranon fracture

Hi there.One month ago while i was working i felt a pain in my elbow.I disregarded the pain because i thought it was an old tenonditis and i kept working.After several days though the pain didnt subside and i decide to go to the doctor and have  an x ray.The doctor told me that i have an olecranon...

Posted
  • Elbow oleacron fracture

Hi there.One month ago while i was working i felt a pain in my elbow.I disregarded the pain because i thought it was an old tenonditis and i kept working.After several days though the pain didnt subside and i decide to go to the doctor and have  an x ray.The doctor told me that i have an olecranon...

Posted
  • Elbow Golfers?

I am an active 63 years and have had a very painful elbow on the inside bone for about four months, stopped pickle ball and golf. Went to the Doctor after a couple months wearing elbow band and he diagnosed it as Golfers Elbow amid sent me to physio which is not helping. Still painful, wakes me up several...

Last reply
  • elbow pain

i was a chef for long. i was cutting hard vegetable 1 day rutabaga then i feel a little pain on my elbow as i forced to cut it. after that i cannot right anymore nicely. my elbow showed of puff out a little .this was happen 5 years ago.until now i cannot right prooerly as i did before

Posted
  • Elbow replacement advise

I am 32 years old and suffered with RA since I was 14. Elbow has severe damage to joint and I’m seriously having to consider a replacement, would be grateful for any advise from anyone who has or is going through a similar experience. Thanks in advance 

Last reply
  • A little nervous about the total replacement, advice please.

I am 48 and have RA since age 12.  I have had both elbows reconstructed a few years back.  Wrist joints are fused and locked straight from the RA.  Fingers are crooked and damaged.  I take a lot of Medications.  However, I have always been able to cope with the pain until now....

Last reply
  • Advice for tennis elbow

Iv been told by the doctor Iv got tennis elbow, it's extremely painful but I am allergic to anti inflammatory medication, so have a big problem, doctor gave me co-codamol but I don't like taking them at work, I'm a cook, does anyone have any advice on pain relief, and how to cope working...

Last reply
  • Blood bone marrow injection for tennis elbow (autologous)

Has anyone had this procedure done and if so how long did it hurt for afterwards as I need to use my arm for work as a carer/cleaner and at the moment really painful to do so. Should I rest it or keep trying to use it? Am self employed so cant afford to keep taking time off. Thanks a lot.

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.