Both ribs ache everyday worse with movement / lifting - Celiac Disease?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there. im really hoping someone can shed some light on this , before i start i am confirmed celiac.

its been a month on gluten free and my stomach has improved so far , but my troubles now are LEFT RIGHT SIDE rib ache. i lift something remotely heavy and they feel like rib is being squeezed its very uncomfortable daily. i stand up they hurt i walk they hurt , but sitting down forward on a chair makes it feel a little better. now i know this isnt a muscle pull because ive had this 3 months and finding living daily life to be hell. ive had blood test , normal. had a ultrasound of my abdomen last week awaiting results but apparently theres a mix up with them. losing hope in doctors and getting depressed more every day due to bed bound. i can move , just extremely uncomfortable. i also have pains in my left and right side groin . below stomach above genitals. please someone help me i cant take it anymore.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi ollie88805

It sound as if you have a condition called "Costcochondritis" which causes painful ribs. The pain in bottom left above genitals could be your bowel or a problem with your bladder do you have a urine infection? have you been tested..do you wee a lot?.....go along to your doctor with a urine sample to have a urine dip test...

• Posted

thank you for reply. i have had a water infection over the past few weeks but i have had the pain for at least 3 months , as the pain started before water infection i suspect its not the initial problem for pain. i have phases of weeing a lot and it burns , though i have been on UTI tablets and last test came back clear in water sample of uti. i got told the ache ribs and pain ache in groin wasnt celiac disease related. sometimes i feel like a spasm under my rib like something is contracting is that also sign of costcochondritis? thank you so much for reply im so lost right now.

• Posted

if i sit down it doesnt hurt at all but as soon as i stand up do activity they really ache

• Posted

Doing any kind of activity can make costochondritis worse. Mine was very painful carrying things, even clothes to the washing machine. It was very painful being hugged. Sitting or standing made no difference to the pain. There were no pain spasms; the pain was there all the time.

• Posted

Hi ollie88805

Coscochondritis can last weeks or months and goes away on it's own. You really have to rest. Do not do anything strenuous which will cause more pain. NSAIDs non steroidal anti-inflammatory painkillers such as ibuprofen will help with the pain but be sure to est before you take them as they can irritate your stomach. Regarding urine sample dip it does not always pick up an infection. Have doctor send it to the lab for a thorough examination....

• Posted

be sure to 'eat' before you take ibuprofen...

• Posted

It can last weeks, months or even be life long. The pain can come and go or be constant. The best treatment for it is painkillers and waiting it out. That's what my doctor told me.. It's all about managing the pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.